in the last 5 years, there have been so many end of world theories that are coming out, why is this?

i opened up the paper to find that there was a story that featured that a huge meteor was going to pass between the earth and the moon, and it was 200,000 miles from earth.

Do people just like getting people all worked up?
These stories have been around for years and years, nothing new about it. We just get more and more time to think about them.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Christians trying to scare us into being christians
sadists trying to make us sadists
People who believe the Mayans trying to make us believe the Mayans

scaremongers.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

its just because of all the crap that has been happening.
the bad stuff seems to compound in our minds more than the good events
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Quote by Peultye
These stories have been around for years and years, nothing new about it. We just get more and more time to think about them.

True, I remember reading a first hand account from just before 1000AD (can't remember who it was unfortunately) in which the guy was mentioning all the churches being spuced up and repainted ready for the return of Jesus because they were expecting the 'End of Days' to happen around then.

We're still pretty close to the beginning of this millenium and it's something that we (or rather our ancestors) will probably see around the time of any future milleniums too.
Whenever things are grim, people will quite reasonably grasp onto whatever hope they can. The end of the world is an attractive thing for many - believe it or not, most people's lives are pretty shite.
Quote by Kumanji
Whenever things are grim, people will quite reasonably grasp onto whatever hope they can. The end of the world is an attractive thing for many - believe it or not, most people's lives are pretty shite.

Your life doesn't necessarily have to be shit.
Even gamers dream of a zombie apocalypse or a nuclear war

AEDIT: I realize my mistake ^
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at May 5, 2011,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Your life doesn't necessarily have to be shit.
Even gamers dream of a zombie apocalypse or a nuclear war

AEDIT: I realize my mistake ^

I dream of monsters suddenly appearing when I'm out on the world map walking, and then also being able to take a few hits from a sword, and cure myself. And the most important bit: Attack in turns. You stand in a line, and after you have attacked you move back to your spot. This is how real war should work too. YOU MUST WAIT FOR YOUR TURN TO ATTACK.

And then a super villain comes to try and destroy the world, and I'm in the party that will save the world, and all is well.

This is all better than nuclear wars or Zombie apocalypses. Fact.
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
I dream of monsters suddenly appearing when I'm out on the world map walking, and then also being able to take a few hits from a sword, and cure myself. And the most important bit: Attack in turns. You stand in a line, and after you have attacked you move back to your spot. This is how real war should work too. YOU MUST WAIT FOR YOUR TURN TO ATTACK.

And then a super villain comes to try and destroy the world, and I'm in the party that will save the world, and all is well.

This is all better than nuclear wars or Zombie apocalypses. Fact.

Did you just compare games like Resident Evil and Fallout with bullshit MMORPG games like RuneScape?

Oh no you di'int!
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Did you just compare games like Resident Evil and Fallout with bullshit MMORPG games like RuneScape?

Oh no you di'int!

It's not RuneScape, it's something much better. Deal with it.

Last edited by BlacksailsTippa at May 5, 2011,
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
n00b, ololl, it's not RuneScape.

Only video games I ever played were COD4, Resident Evil and UT3.

I'm not exactly a gaming expert, but I still hate Runescape
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Only video games I ever played were COD4, Resident Evil and UT3.

I'm not exactly a gaming expert, but I still hate Runescape

Heeeeey, that's my unedited post.

RuneScape is better than COD though.

What is this thread about again?
People have always been stupid. In the modern age it's easier for the stupid people to spread their stupid. Ignore the stupid.

/thread

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
Heeeeey, that's my unedited post.

RuneScape is better than COD though.

What is this thread about again?

I'm sorry

Say whaaaaa? Well maybe in a universe where runescape is actually called COD and COD is the title of Runescape

Quote by Kumanji

Osama, tsunami, tornadoes, floods, fires, etc are sending the 2012 conspiracy theorists into a frenzy.
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
we have had fires in england ffs! when have you ever heard of that

There are bog fires here in Ireland. Last time I checked, bogs have a lot of water in them

they also are made up of flammable material and emit highly flammable natural gas, but ignore that...
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

The apocalypse theories have been around since the days of Christ, and even earleir than that. The internet is just a great tool of spreading them even further.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Oh no you di'int!

Try Final Fantasy, dumbass.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Special C-7 FR
Peavey Vyper 60W Tube
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Oh I forgot to tell you all, the world is going to end Saturday, since that's the 6th of the 5th, and if you add 6 and 5 you get 11, so you end up with 11/11, the date world war 1 ended.

/sarcasm
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I've been reading 1984 recently, and have noticed some scary similarities to what is happening in the world. New World Order and all that shit seems pretty plausable at this stage.

As for the end of the world, I doubt it.
The only thing that is a little odd, is the frequency of natural disasters. Might only be media reporting it more though.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Nimbus456
I've been reading 1984 recently, and have noticed some scary similarities to what is happening in the world. New World Order and all that shit seems pretty plausable at this stage.

What are the said similiarities?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
God is too much of a pussy to end the world while I'm still alive.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
The only reason aliens haven't come and kill us all already is because they are all waiting for Chuck Norris to die. But what they don't know is that Chuck Norris actually died 30 years ago but Death is just too scared too tell him. haha
Quote by Pancho Villa
The only reason aliens haven't come and kill us all already is because they are all waiting for Keith Richards to die. But what they don't know is that Keith Richards actually died 30 years ago but Death is just too scared too tell him. haha

Fixed.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"