What up guys?

So I'm getting a new Amp today. It's between a Roland Micro Cube and a Roland Cube 15XL. What do you guys think? I played both, and I'm kinda torn between effects and the equalizer. I need an amp that's pretty versatile. Which do you suggest? Also, could someone tell me the difference between the 15XL and the 15X?
It all really depends on what you need. The 15XL has a higher wattage, and should take pedals better. Conversely, the Micro Cube won't get near as loud, but has a tuner and 6 effects instead of 3 (although the 15XL's effects IMO are a bit better), and is a modeller, which can either make it good or bad for you, depending on what you're going to use it for.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
They're both much of a muchness

15:
Pros: louder, potentially better FX quality
Cons: slightly bigger, no battery capability, fewer FX

mircocube:
pros: battery powered, smaller, more FX
cons: perhaps less good sound, no EQ, less loud

EDIT: Imo - if this will be your main amp for a while as a practice amp i would go with the 15. If you're thinking of getting another amp in the near future for more power and nicer sound go witht the microcube.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at May 5, 2011,
They're both modelers. To be honest I really like the new fender mustangs a helluva lit more than any sub 1000 solid-state amps out there right now.

If you've not tried those, try them when you go to the shop today, they sound much better than a cube IMO and have tons of effects and stuff like you're wanting.
Thanks for the replies guys.

@doive This will probably be my main amp for some time to come. So I'll probably go with the 15.

@Chad Thing is, I live in India. I don't have too much of a choice when it comes to guitar goodness
if you ask me the micro's a lot better because of the amp models, but like all the others in the thread have been saying, it does depend on what you want to use it for.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Chad11491
They're both modelers. To be honest I really like the new fender mustangs a helluva lit more than any sub 1000 solid-state amps out there right now.

If you've not tried those, try them when you go to the shop today, they sound much better than a cube IMO and have tons of effects and stuff like you're wanting.

i'd definately take a look at either the mustangs or the g-dec 3 if ur willing to spend a lill more money
Thanks for the opinions guys. I decided to go with the 15XL. I first bought the Micro Cube, but then had to return it because of a few technical problems. Sometimes, it would just go dead while playing. So I exchanged it for the 15XL.

Quote by andrerist
i'd definately take a look at either the mustangs or the g-dec 3 if ur willing to spend a lill more money

I do with I had access to all that. But I live in India. I asked, but the store didn't have Mustangs. If I bought it through the internet, customs duty would force me to pay almost twice the amp cost, so they are quite out of my reach.