Hey people,

There may be a section for this elsewhere but I couldn't find it!

Anyway, I'm trying to work out what this song is but I'm not sure who performs it or what is it called.

Its an electronic/electro song from the 1980s I believe. It is purely instrumental. It starts off with just a drum beat and then kicks into a riff that goes like "dum dum da dum dum dum dum - dum dum da dum dum da dum dum da". At the end of the main electro riff, a guitar comes in and just plays two chords then the riff starts again.

Sounds naff but I loved this song when I was younger!

I know that is probably no help at all, and plus what am I asking about electronic music on a guitar website for!, but if anyone knows it I would be grateful!
trust me, you are a bloody idiot

i'll pwn u with my steel scratchplate!!!!
Hmm, sadly no. Cheers any guys - that video is crazy!

Quote by Stuminton
Hmm, sadly no. Cheers any guys - that video is crazy!

But your 'dum da dum dum' description fits perfectly.

As perfectly as something like that can fit, I guess.
Sadly, not either of those videos though. Cheers anyway!

Quote by McFadden
Blah...instrumental?? I lose

wut?

then maybe Frankenstein by the Edgar Winter Group? although it is from the 70's.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
wut?

then maybe Frankenstein by the Edgar Winter Group? although it is from the 70's.

Totally forgot I could edit posts, so i posted twice in a row
Quote by McFadden
Totally forgot I could edit posts, so i posted twice in a row

oh no, i was saying that because it hadn't realized that TS wanted an instrumental.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I would check out 'Jan Hammer' on youtube that is all electro music that was popular in the 80's. He did all the electronic music for the TV show 'Miami Vice' (one of the greatest shows ever) and wrote many other songs.

Way Cool JR wins it! For all those interested its Jan Hammer 'Crocket's Theme' from Miami Vice - much obligied to you all!

There was this one song from the 80's about escaping a war or something and cyber robots...it was trip, it was about a lady or somethign and she was running away from all these thigns

I can't even remember a verse but that song was awesome
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
There was this one song from the 80's about escaping a war or something and cyber robots...it was trip, it was about a lady or somethign and she was running away from all these thigns

I can't even remember a verse but that song was awesome

Do you mean "Mr. Roboto" from Styx?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcCS8AK6csg

An awesome part starts at 1:27
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by Butt Rayge
Rockit by Herbie Hancock. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK0Pi4wC8Hk

This.

It's... Well, let's just say the album it was on (or the album following it) isn't particularly representative of his other work.

He's a jazz pianist/keyboardist primarily, but he experimented with electro in the early '80s.

EDIT: Oh, so it wasn't it? Never mind, then.

Also, Jan Hammer was a total beast with the Mahavishnu Orchestra.
Last edited by Holy Katana at May 5, 2011,