A guy,here in my country,is selling a used Schecter strato custom shop similar to this one

http://www.mercatinomusicale.com/mm/a_Schecter-S-VINTAGE-TINT-M-Custom-Shop_id1139839.html

very nice guitar,the price is interesting too,but I've no experience with custom shop schecter strats (though standard VS schecters are very cool instruments btw).

Does someone have any experience ,love/hate for those beauties?How do they play?

I know schecter was famous for making awesome strats during '70/'80,but since the custom shop is runned by two japanese fellas nowadays,i dunno if those new CS can match old ones(i guess not).

Plus,i tried some months ago a Suhr strat and it was seriously a masterpiece (for 3k€ i would expect nothing less).Since John Suhr worked for dave schecter back in the day,can his guitars made today be compared to original Schecter Dream Machines ? What about tom anderson's? (another schecter employee too i imagine)
Last edited by ZaÐ at May 5, 2011,
It all really comes down to neck feel and build quality when talking about Strats. No one really has a brand dominance. The folks at Fender just happen to make beautiful necks and really know how to put one together. So does Suhr.

You'll just have to get hands on and check it out to be sure.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
It all really comes down to neck feel and build quality when talking about Strats. No one really has a brand dominance. The folks at Fender just happen to make beautiful necks and really know how to put one together. So does Suhr.

You'll just have to get hands on and check it out to be sure.

I don't like so much fender neck shape...i've a Sx strat that fits better my taste in matter of neck shapes than regular fender.
In addition the Schecter seller is way too far from my home,that's why i need some opinions
I've played one of them and I have to admit it was a very nice guitar. I took a look around that site, though, and personally I'd rather go for one of the Suhr Pro Series (some are actually listed for quite a bit less than the Schecter).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I've played one of them and I have to admit it was a very nice guitar. I took a look around that site, though, and personally I'd rather go for one of the Suhr Pro Series (some are actually listed for quite a bit less than the Schecter).

That's a good point!About pricing,I,looking at DCGL custom shop schecter strats so that's my reference for schecter pricing
Quote by effyeahjade
dont ask about schecters unless you want a bunch of whiny prisses bringing up neck thickness

that's weird my DSG c-1 has one of the most comfortable neck I've ever seen!Only a jackson sl1 and a MM20th anniversary silhouette i tried had a better neck to me i find schecter's ones (which are also very different from a c-1 hellreaiser to another)to be way better(imho) that ESP M-II for example.And equal to horizon's in therms of playability