Page 1 of 2
So I'm a swedish teen and I'm about to graduate from our equivalent to High School. Now, for a long time I've been toying with the idea of moving to the US after graduating and taking a college exam. I have quite a lot of questions on the matter, and I figured the pit would be as good a place to ask them as any!

I will be adding/spitting out new questions as they pop up in my head, so I apologise in advance for the possible lack of structure.

1. Main question: All in all, what is/was your college experience like? What does the run-of-the-mill dorm life look like? How does it differ from how it's presented in movies etc? Concerning both academic and social.

2. In movies there's a lot of mention of stuff like "houses", Beta, stuff like that. What is this exactly? For example, in The Social Network, they have that snobby thing going on where only some people get accepted etc. The whole reason why I want to move from Sweden and see some place else is to get away from all the douchebaggery and all the social status crap, so this doesn't really appeal to me.

3. Some people say that college kids drink more because they've reached the legal drinking age. Isn't the drinking age 21 in the US?

4. As I mentioned I'm Swedish. How do college people look at foreigners coming there to study? I don't feel like becoming "that strange exchange student". I happen to be tall and blonde so that doesn't really help avoiding stereotypes . My english is good by swedish standards, but I'm worse at speaking than I am at writing (naturally) , and while you probably get into it pretty quickly I might have some issues at first. Are people cool with that? My IRL name is "Andreas", what do you think of that? Weird question, but whatever, americans seem to have problems pronouncing it. I might just introduce myself as Andrew or Andy or something.

5. My grades are at about 18.5 out of 20. So that's like 87,5%, but I have no idea how that translates. Can that help me get like a scholarship? How good is it by american standards? How big a role does your grade play in getting into colleges (I hear it's pretty small).

6. I'm obviously into music. Earlier I considered going to a music college, but I've realised that a) While it's a great experience it's not really needed to become a musician, you can probably make it on your own and b) Either way chances of making it are really small. So while becoming a "guitar hero" may be my dream, I'm inclined to study something else and then spend free-time playing the guitar, since I have no interest in becoming a guitar teacher or producer. So my question is, are there a lot of people who do this at college? People to play in bands with etc.

7. I have no idea what college I want to go to, and there are a million to choose from. While I've had an easy time in school, and like I mentioned above my grades are pretty good, I'm not the kind of person who thinks school/future work is the most important part of my life. I want to go somewhere with nice people and where fun stuff happens. I would obviously prefer a college with high standard in terms of academics as well, but without taking it too far. What should I look for in a school?

Some of the questions are probably confusing and hard to answer, but I did my best! I might add more as they occur to me.

Thanks!

EDIT: Typos.
Last edited by Ahteh at May 5, 2011,
1. Yes
2. No
3. Maybe
4. Weird
5. Good
6. Cats
7. Yes
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
Quote by Geebz
1. Yes
2. No
3. Maybe
4. Weird
5. Good
6. Cats
7. Yes

Why thanks <3
This won't answer all of your questions, but...

The vast majority of people I've known during my four years of college have been accepting, intelligent, funny, friendly people who wouldn't think badly of you for being Swedish. There are, of course, idiots at every school...but it's pretty easy to avoid them.

As far as classes go, it totally depends on where you go and what you major in. But, having taken all sorts of different classes, I would say that as long as you try hard and pay attention, you'll do well. I have yet to come across a class that was impossible to get a good grade in.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
2. Those are frats and sororities. The stereotype (that they're a bunch of douchey party boys) is generally correct, though there are plenty of exceptions. Shop around. It's part of college life for a lot of people.
3. Everyone drinks. Regardless of whether or not it's legal.
4. People love foreigners
5. I have no idea how that translates, but if you write a good entrance essay, that sounds like a decent grade average, so it shouldn't matter too much.
6. Depends on where you go. If you're in a city, you'll find people to play with. It may take some looking, and the real issue is finding practice space.

I have a meeting to go to, so I don't have time to write even a half good answer to 1 or 7.
To answer your second question, it depends entirely upon which school you choose to go to. Any ideas?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Aren't there any "Study Abroad" agents over there, that'll help you with finding a place to study and so forth?

I'm graduating from the Norwegian counterpart to high school, but I'm attending a "folkhögskola" afterwards -- then I'm off to Britain somewhere, I think.
High five for wanting to study abroad -- Scandinavia is a sad, sad place.

And those marks translates to a B in the US (80 % - 90 %).

You're grading system goes to 20?! Ours is just between 1 (fail) and 6 (outstanding).

On the fourth one: you're active vocabulary and confidence in speaking the language, as well as the skill itself, will enhance when you get used to being in an English speaking enviroment. I noticed a vast difference after spending a few days in London last summer.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at May 5, 2011,
Quote by zippidyduda
To answer your second question, it depends entirely upon which school you choose to go to. Any ideas?

Well, not really. As I said in my first post I'd like a school that is both pretty high standard in terms of academics, but that is also fairly relaxed/fun with nice people. And preferably somewhere warm.

Quote by sfaune92
Aren't there any "Study Abroad" agents over there, that'll help you with finding a place to study and so forth?

There is, but they're mostly worthless.

High five for wanting to study abroad -- Scandinavia is a sad, sad place.

Couldn't agree more.

And those marks translates to a B in the US (80 % - 90 %).

You're grading system goes to 20?! Ours is just between 1 (fail) and 6 (outstanding).

Well, no, in each class you get a grade of 1 (fail) to 4 (best), they're not numbered but that's not important. Each 4 is worth 20 points, each 3 is worth 15 and each 2 is worth 10, you combine all of your grades and get an average between 0-20. Few people score a 20, but it happens. Is a B good? Cause with my grades I could get into most schools in Sweden anyway (and they base it solely on grades).
You know, I'm from Finland and graduating from high school as well. Been thinking about going to study in the States as well. What is it with us northern folk wanting to move somewhere else (well besides the rain and the cold, obviously) I just went to talk to my school counselor about the matter, she gave me some leaflets and told me to go look online etc. so I guess that's the way to go then. You should look around and send an email to the school you want to apply into.

And just for reference our grading system goes from 4 (fail) to 10 (outstanding)
Quote by HaistaPaska92
You know, I'm from Finland and graduating from high school as well. Been thinking about going to study in the States as well. What is it with us northern folk wanting to move somewhere else (well besides the rain and the cold, obviously) I just went to talk to my school counselor about the matter, she gave me some leaflets and told me to go look online etc. so I guess that's the way to go then. You should look around and send an email to the school you want to apply into.

And just for reference our grading system goes from 4 (fail) to 10 (outstanding)

I like Sweden, but sometimes I just feel like I need a change. There's a lot of cool stuff in the US, and I feel like there's a lot more diversity in terms of culture, people etc. But that's just me.
Quote by Ahteh
I like Sweden, but sometimes I just feel like I need a change. There's a lot of cool stuff in the US, and I feel like there's a lot more diversity in terms of culture, people etc. But that's just me.

You should go to Northern Illinois University, right smack-dab in the middle of the country. If you do, I can recommend professors and classes, restaurants, tourist attractions, and even predict the weather
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by Ahteh
Well, no, in each class you get a grade of 1 (fail) to 4 (best), they're not numbered but that's not important. Each 4 is worth 20 points, each 3 is worth 15 and each 2 is worth 10, you combine all of your grades and get an average between 0-20. Few people score a 20, but it happens. Is a B good? Cause with my grades I could get into most schools in Sweden anyway (and they base it solely on grades).

You have a educational loan fund? Just crosscheck their lists with universities at interesting locations. Then you just look for courses? What do you want to study, by the way?

They do the latter in Norway too.
We get our average from the three last years multiplied by ten, then add "extra points". I think I'll get 52 points (48 + 4 Natural Science points). I didn't apply to any Norwegian universities because I'm spending the year at a "folkhögskola".

You need to convince the US universities that you are a good candidate. You do that by writing a solid essay, in which you'll prove your writing proficency among other things. You're marks might help you as well, but they aren't a sole factor that determine whether or not they'll enroll you. I think those grades are good enough, unless you apply to a perstigious place like Harward or so forth.

Don't take what I write as cold hard facts. This is simply what I've been told by various agents and representatives from universities. Aren't there any education fairs around you, which you can attend?
Last edited by sfaune92 at May 5, 2011,
1. Depends on the movie really, dorm life changes from school to school and person to person. If you are a social person, you'll enjoy it, if you're not, and you absolutely have to sleep, you may not enjoy it.

2. They're called fraternities, and I see them as pretty stupid. The problem, though is if you want to go to the parties that you see in those movies then you have to join one, unless you happen to have a vagina, or are much loved on campus. There will be social status wherever you go, but they're not all as snobby as the one in the Social Network. The Social Network was at Harvard which is full of extremely wealthy kids and have a completely different culture than 99% of American schools.

3. Our college kids do drink quite a bit, and most of them may not even be legal drinking age. Our drinking age is 21, but barely anyone actually follows that. The reason they drink more is because its their first time to get any taste of freedom.

4. I've seen everyone be pretty nice to the foreigners, most of them have been interested in a foreign culture, especially if the kid is cool. Now there is a Swedish girl in my girlfriends suite (like a two roomed dorm that shares a bathroom) and she's pretty annoying about her being foreign. Not because she's Swedish, but because she wants to show it off all the time, and takes every chance available to make her sound better than us lowly Americans.

5. I really don't know how that translates. We got off a 4 point GPA, which means if you have straight A's then you have a 4.0, I graduated with a 3.75. I'd get with some sort of councelor before coming here. Now, I'm not sure what country she's from, but I went to high school with a European girl who'd already graduated her version of high school at 16 (which is normal there) and she had to go to high school in America two more years before she could attend College, you may want to make sure you have all the necessary credits and all that to avoid this confusion.

6. There are tons of musicians in colleges here. You might even look in going to a more music oriented city like Austin (capital of live music), Seattle, Chicago, or New York, but wherever you go, I could almost guarantee you you'd find someone to play with. Also, don't treat college like a trade school, it isn't one. If you intend to work in the States, actually having a diploma 75% of the time is more important than what you got it in, unless you are going for engineering, medical, or law or something like that.

7. As I mentioned in the above question, look for a school in a city with a culture that may interest you. I'd definitely look for a bigger city school than the many that reside in small town wherever. My best friend goes to DePaul with a pretty cool music scene, fairly prestigious, and in downtown Chicago, so there's always something to do. Just research the culture of the schools you are looking to go to.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
1. It's awesome. Be social. After you graduate no one will care what your GPA was; your stories and friends from college are what matters.

2. Fraternities, or "Greek Life". It's not mandatory, my school has like a 30% Greek life rate, and no they are not all like that. There are usually many to choose from, each with their own style. I'd recommend giving it a chance. There are also service- and academics- based organizations of a similar style.

3. It is 21. People (me especially) overdrink in college because they are free from the influence of parents and it isn't hard to acquire alcohol illegally. One theory is that lowering the drinking age here would seriously reduce binge drinking and its repercussions.

4. Go by Andreas. People here are pretty accepting, and being from Sweden would probably make you more memorable. At my school there is a huge Korean population that a lot of people dislike, but that's more due to the fact that they typically hang out exclusively amongst themselves and ignore everyone else than to any actual xenophobia.

5. Depends. I go to Case Western Reserve University; it's fairly prestigious, but the acceptance rate isn't very exclusive--over 60%. 87 is more than fine. Far more important than grades nowadays is how well-rounded you are: extracurriculars, etc. They want a true citizen of the university, not just someone who knows how to pass tests. My school loves bragging about diversity so just being Swedish would likely get you auto-accepted here.

6. I'm a chemical engineer (which means shitloads of work) and play guitar all the time, have plenty of people to jam with.

7. I'd go for a liberal arts school (Case has a decent one) where you can get a broad education without having the workload break your spine. You should definitely visit a couple places and talk to students about what goes on around campus. Though keep in mind having awesome friends would make even the dullest school fun. Maybe not University of Chicago though, don't go there.

College life is awesome and I'm staying an extra year just cuz it's that much better than the real world.
Thanks for your answers so far, it's been enlightening!

Besides the tuition, how do people pay for their expenses. I.e. food, alcohol and books. Is it possible to have a job on the side? Or are people just supported by their parents/loans?
Do you have any Swedish education funding? They might help you with loans for tution fees as well as some basic funding.
Quote by Ahteh
Thanks for your answers so far, it's been enlightening!

Besides the tuition, how do people pay for their expenses. I.e. food, alcohol and books. Is it possible to have a job on the side? Or are people just supported by their parents/loans?

Many people have their parents pay for them, many people have a job. My parents pay for tutition and board and I pay for everything else, my car, my food, my fun time and all that jazz.
The houses you referred to are Fraternities and sororities. They are kind of the social elite typically rich conservative white kids. at least in the south that is but there are exceptions I pledged Sigma Chi but dropped due to grades and just not being able to keep up financially. You pay thousands of dollars a year to be in these clubs.

I never lived in a dorm but i had many friends who did and they all hated it and pretty much lived on my couches their freshman year. However you coming from a foreign country and knowing no one. I would recommend it, its a great way to meet people.

College kids drink because its college and its just whats done, there is something to do every night if you want to do and everyones always drinking. You pre-game before the party drink at the party then you find and after party to continue drinking. Thats just the way shit works the majority of the time

If you cant find a band or at least a few people to jam with in college, your not looking
Quote by Geebz
1. Yes
2. No
3. Maybe
4. Weird
5. Good
6. Cats
7. Yes

Holy crap an 01'er, thats the longest Ive ever seen someone on here.
you're a stone fox
for number 7, pick a college that has the major you want and is in an area that you'll like. visit some schools. if i had to make a recommendation, i'd tell you to check out the University of Pittsburgh. I'm only a junior in hs, but out of all the colleges i've been to and researched, i like upitt the most. and number 3, there are a ton of 21 year olds in college to get you alc, plus fake id's work extremely well. good luck man!
I'm thinking 1. California is cool, and 2. While I'm not THAT into science it's about the only major that I can feel interested in (besides music). Social science bores me.

How about CalTech, UCLA, USC? Fun? Hard getting into?

EDIT: Another question: If my "High School" grades aren't good enough, can I go to some kind of one-year thing, get a new set of grades or whatever, and then use them to get into a top-end college (assuming their other demands are filled, of course)?
Based on raw math you have a 92% average which is roughly an A-. Some schools in the US consider any A to be a 4.0 and some consider A- a 3. something. An A- average is really pretty good, but most schools in the US really care about standardized testing scores. And in the social network you were looking at a dramatized account of the #1 best, most prestigious school in the entire nation. So chances are you won't have an experience like that.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by SimplyStrings
Based on raw math you have a 92% average which is roughly an A-. Some schools in the US consider any A to be a 4.0 and some consider A- a 3. something. An A- average is really pretty good, but most schools in the US really care about standardized testing scores. And in the social network you were looking at a dramatized account of the #1 best, most prestigious school in the entire nation. So chances are you won't have an experience like that.

Well, cut to the chase, will a score like that prevent me from getting into say, CalTech? Assuming I'm not an athlete super star nor a member of the parliament or something else extraordinary.
College is where rich assholes get together and tell you how they're better than you because their dad bought them a RangeRover with the money they got in bonuses after the banking bailout.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
College is where rich assholes get together and tell you how they're better than you because their dad bought them a RangeRover with the money they got in bonuses after the banking bailout.

Cool.
Quote by Ahteh
Cool.

Also, being that you're an international student, it is going to cost you a crazy high amount.

At my college, international students pay 2x what out of state people pay, who pay more than in state people pay. And my school is known for being incredibly affordable for those people.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
i will be watching this thread with a keen eye, im looking to go and study photography or music in the us, i finish high school November this year in Australia.
1. how old are first year college students? i will be 17 this june and im graduating this year, is it the same age or what?
2. does anyone no about any art or photography colleges?
3.part time jobs?
4. hate away, but ive been to new york and love it, if i had a preference it would be to move there
Quote by Ahteh
I'm thinking 1. California is cool, and 2. While I'm not THAT into science it's about the only major that I can feel interested in (besides music). Social science bores me.

How about CalTech, UCLA, USC? Fun? Hard getting into?

EDIT: Another question: If my "High School" grades aren't good enough, can I go to some kind of one-year thing, get a new set of grades or whatever, and then use them to get into a top-end college (assuming their other demands are filled, of course)?

With California, it is supposed to be an awesome place to live, but cost of living is through the roof, and I'd avoid any public universities as their state government is broke.
Quote by OG frenchy
i will be watching this thread with a keen eye, im looking to go and study photography or music in the us, i finish high school November this year in Australia.
1. how old are first year college students? i will be 17 this june and im graduating this year, is it the same age or what?
2. does anyone no about any art or photography colleges?
3.part time jobs?
4. hate away, but ive been to new york and love it, if i had a preference it would be to move there

1. 18 usually. A few are 17, but it is rare.
2. I know that they don't tend to translate into great paying careers. Some do, but it isn't the most secure form of schooling.
3. During school will hurt your grades. Studies have shown that students that work during the semester tend to do worse, and take longer to graduate.
4. Ok. NY is incredibly expensive. Don't think you're going to be living in some nice place in Manhattan. Most people(students) who just move to NYC will live in a little shithole unless they have a lot of money. I think your idea of NYC would change if you lived there for a time, because it is different to be there for an extended period then it is to visit the city. But then again, I'm biased because I hate NYC with a passion. Hate the people, hate the smell, hate the traffic, pretty much can't stand it. I'm a country boy at heart, just the way it is.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

1. College is fun, just be sure to effectively balance school with your social life. Things can get bad really fast, if things aren't kept in line. My dorm experience was different than most schools have... but you'll make friends with your floor and likely not remember half of them by two weeks in. If you are into it, alcohol and drugs are prevalent (depending on the campus). Academically, it's a hodgepodge: it all depends on the professor. Most lectures I have are less than stellar, but the professors teach very well. You'll have classes that are a waste of time, and professor who seem like they shouldn't be teaching.

2. Depends on the school.

3. Different ages for different states, but a good bit are 21.

4. I haven't seen any problems with international students, but I go to a school known for it's diversity.
Not sure about the name thing; whatever you are comfortable with, I suppose.

5. Good grades help, to an extent. The standardized testing (ACT, SAT exams) seems to be more relevant, in many cases.

6. I'm one of these people. So, yes, it's possible.

7. Look for a good cost-to-value ratio. Something priced within what you are looking for.
Quote by Ahteh

Another question: If my "High School" grades aren't good enough, can I go to some kind of one-year thing, get a new set of grades or whatever, and then use them to get into a top-end college (assuming their other demands are filled, of course)?

I'll quote myself since this question got kinda lost.

Anyway, anyone know anything about UC: Santa Barbara? Looks pretty cool. 35th school in the world according to some list, but still with a higher acceptance rate (50%) and what seems to be a good party scene/fun people.
Quote by Ahteh
I'll quote myself since this question got kinda lost.

Anyway, anyone know anything about UC: Santa Barbara? Looks pretty cool.

You can go to a small college and transfer. Just don't bank on it.

Standardized test scores are most important (after connections of course).

The Pit isn't a great place for the kind of info you're after. I'd talk to an adviser at your school.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict

The Pit isn't a great place for the kind of info you're after. I'd talk to an adviser at your school.

As I mentioned the advisers at my school suck. Either way though, I won't be basing life decisions on this thread. Sometimes it's just nice getting the opinion of a bunch of random people.
Quote by Ahteh

2. In movies there's a lot of mention of stuff like "houses", Beta, stuff like that. What is this exactly? For example, in The Social Network, they have that snobby thing going on where only some people get accepted etc. The whole reason why I want to move from Sweden and see some place else is to get away from all the douchebaggery and all the social status crap, so this doesn't really appeal to me.

3. Some people say that college kids drink more because they've reached the legal drinking age. Isn't the drinking age 21 in the US?

4. As I mentioned I'm Swedish. How do college people look at foreigners coming there to study? I don't feel like becoming "that strange exchange student". I happen to be tall and blonde so that doesn't really help avoiding stereotypes . My english is good by swedish standards, but I'm worse at speaking than I am at writing (naturally) , and while you probably get into it pretty quickly I might have some issues at first. Are people cool with that? My IRL name is "Andreas", what do you think of that? Weird question, but whatever, americans seem to have problems pronouncing it. I might just introduce myself as Andrew or Andy or something.

5. My grades are at about 18.5 out of 20. So that's like 87,5%, but I have no idea how that translates. Can that help me get like a scholarship? How good is it by american standards? How big a role does your grade play in getting into colleges (I hear it's pretty small).

6. I'm obviously into music. Earlier I considered going to a music college, but I've realised that a) While it's a great experience it's not really needed to become a musician, you can probably make it on your own and b) Either way chances of making it are really small. So while becoming a "guitar hero" may be my dream, I'm inclined to study something else and then spend free-time playing the guitar, since I have no interest in becoming a guitar teacher or producer. So my question is, are there a lot of people who do this at college? People to play in bands with etc.

7. I have no idea what college I want to go to, and there are a million to choose from. While I've had an easy time in school, and like I mentioned above my grades are pretty good, I'm not the kind of person who thinks school/future work is the most important part of my life. I want to go somewhere with nice people and where fun stuff happens. I would obviously prefer a college with high standard in terms of academics as well, but without taking it too far. What should I look for in a school?

Some of the questions are probably confusing and hard to answer, but I did my best! I might add more as they occur to me.

Thanks!

EDIT: Typos.

2. Frat houses brah. and there are snobby rich houses, and religous houses, and party houses... all of them choose who to accept and that shit...
3. yes it is, but we all drink underage. and in college there is lots of booze.
4. uh i dunno i'm not in college yet. i just have siblings there..
5. that won't get a citizen a scholarship but i dunno about a foreigner.
6. if you go somewhere w/ a music scene its easy to find people.
7.CU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! top party school in the nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but its somewhat hard to get into 3.8 for business school, so not easy but not crazy hard..
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by TunerAddict

Not with my school, I went to a Community College, then transfered to my school, they didn't even ask about ACT/SAT. Community College actually sounds alot like what he's looking for.

When you're already in college they don't care much about your ACT/SAT, only about your college grades.
Last edited by tayroar at May 5, 2011,
Quote by tayroar
Not with my school, I went to a Community College, then transfered to my school, they didn't even ask about ACT/SAT. Community College actually sounds alot like what he's looking for.

Well yeah, I meant with applying directly to the school he wanted to. SAT/ACT generally aren't looked at with transfers.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict
Well yeah, I meant with applying directly to the school he wanted to. SAT/ACT generally aren't looked at with transfers.

Ah, I thought you meant with transfering. Yeah I don't know about the ACT/SAT with his situation, just know that if you want to go to a school in the northeast, SAT is more important, and my understanding everywhere else pays more attention to ACT.
Well, I'd rather go to my preferred college right away, obviously.

Besides, I don't want to go a super-school where people are all too serious. If you see what I mean. I want something in between.
Quote by tayroar
Ah, I thought you meant with transfering. Yeah I don't know about the ACT/SAT with his situation, just know that if you want to go to a school in the northeast, SAT is more important, and my understanding everywhere else pays more attention to ACT.

I never took the ACT, and I don't really know too many people who did (maybe 1?).

I've always heard the ACT was bigger in the south, but I'm not really sure on any details. I always just kind of assumed the SAT was the biggest deal.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Page 1 of 2