Hello there
So, as the title >implies, Im looking for some finger exercises. Exercises to make my fingers stronger, faster and more flexible. I feel, where I am right now, that my fingers are holding me back. Of course my technique isnt perfect and I still have a lot of work to do, but I know how to practice my technique. So, do any of you know some good exercise for me that I could use, can be something that doesnt involve a guitar too.

-thanks
Ibanez RG1570Z w/ BKP Holy Divers
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 /w Guitar Rig 5
Stupid clumsy fingers
Bends.....
Take a look at the intro in run to the hills and do it with your pinky and middle finger
You got streching and strength right there

....and you could also play your guitar for unholy amounts of time a day
inb4sexjokes

OT: Best excercise IMO is to simply run scales up the guitar starting slow, and then picking up speed. It seems like a corny thing, but it does work.
Thats pretty much what Im doing right now, playing scales and passages with bends and stretches. So nobody does actual excersises for the hand, just play and it'll come with time ?

edit: I will try doing that FreeP, because finger independence is actually something I have some problems with. Thanks
Stupid clumsy fingers
Last edited by Bastyn99 at May 5, 2011,
Quote by Sickz
What is hard for you to do? Practice it.

Ya ino, practice what you cant, not what you can. The problem was more that I didnt know how to practice those things.
Stupid clumsy fingers
Well there are tons of ways how to practice, and its a personal thing (atleast i see it that way).

I take something i want to learn, lets say a guitar solo.

I learn it lick by lick, spending 5 minutes on non-stop playing the lick.

When im done i might have practiced that solo for 35 minutes.

Then i repeat next time i practice it.

Saying this, take something you want to practice, play it 5 minutes non stop at a speed you can play it PERFECTLY, then do that the next day, then the next day etc. Very soon you will see results.

It might not be a method working for you, but you could try it. Also increase the time from 5 to 10 minutes if you please.

Good luck!
I thank for your advice, and not to be a dick, but I think you misunderstood my question. Not trying to learn a special technique or song, but trying to strengthen my left hands overall capabilities. Once I have acquired some practice patterns for that, I will of course use the method you ( and I think, everyone else in the world :P ) suggested
Stupid clumsy fingers