I know I'll get flamed for posting about a guitar amp in the bass forum/posting about using a bass in the "mother of 5150/6505" thread Either way I searched, and didn't find any results on this specific topic. Nonetheless, what 4x10 bass cab is compatible with the 6505+ head? Someone suggested I go this route, seeing as how I'm a bassist on a budget, and I hate to see my 6505+ just sit I could've posted in the 5150/6505 thread, but I wanted advice from a bassist, other than "get a bass amp"
its a guitar amp not a bass amp
My sound.
Bugera 1990 Half Stack,
Jackson RR3, single EMG 85/bridge,
a planet waves patch cord.
Quote by phoenix_crush
I'm disgusted with the fact that Attack Attack can make money and a career by sucking so much dick.
Well, if you have a bass cab I suppose your not going to damage anything.

I know a great deal of metal guitarists that perfer bass amps for thier guitar instead of regular guitar amps.

But I know not how it works vice-versa. My best suggestion, is if you have an actual bass cab like you say you you want to, go ahead and plug it up and see what kind of a sound you get. Might fit your style, might not.

But no, I dont see you damaging anything. I wouldn't plug a bass up to a guitar cab though.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Last edited by Vypor at May 5, 2011,
The low end response may not be what you're hoping for but this will work. Basically any 4x10 rated for 4, 8, or 16 ohms would work. Just make sure you use a bass cab and not a guitar cab. Also, mr btp, please don't post anything that is not helpful.
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
Youll probably loose somelow end. If your using it just for alot of distortion you should be fine with a regular guitar cab with some 12's in it. If you can get a bass cab go ahead.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by btp
its a guitar amp not a bass amp

Now that I have that out of my system, you could use any bass cab with it, as long as the ohms and power rating matches up.

Using a guitar head (especially a tube head) will give you a very unique sound, which you may or may not like. It overdrives a lot easier (like is to be expected with tubes) so you can get a much growlier bass tone with it, but expect a loss of a little rumbling low end. A lot of experimental bands use gutiar heads with bass cabs for this reason. There's a bass and drums duo where the bassist used two bass amps and a Mesa stack for her overdriven tone, which sounds great (if anyone can remember their name, I would be much appreciative). I'd advise you not to use a guitar head if you like an ultra clean modern tone.

To anyone doubting the safety of the amp, playing a bass through a guitar head will not damage it, only playing through a guitar cab will. It'll damage the speakers as they are simply not designed to handle the lower frequencies.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Could get a very Motorhead sound if you tried.

Me gusta.

EDIT: Conor, they were called 'Clatter'. And I loved her bass tone, but the music was unlistenable to me.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at May 5, 2011,
It really should work well enough. Tube amps are pretty versitile. If you miss some low end, look into a graphic bass EQ pedal and boost some low end. EZ PZ.

There are plenty of 'guitar heads' that sound great with bass... damn... the 70's had some of the nicest bass tones from these 'guitar' amps... Sunn (the 200-s, 2000-s, and Model T), Matamp(HiWatt DR103 and Orange OD120), Ampeg (V4), Traynor (YBA-1 and YSR-1), Marshall plexies!!!... y'alls straight up ignant if you think that because it says 'guitar' on it, it can't be used for bass...

Shoot... there's a local kid that uses a damn Bugera 1960 through an Ampeg 8x10, and it sounds wonderful.

One of the nicest overdriven tones i've ever gotten was playing through a Peavey VTM120... mmmm.... awesome...
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Thanks for the advice guys, ya I was thinking of getting a gk or hartke, etc. And as far as getting an overdrive sound, that'd be all the more beneficial. Hopefully it'd be one less bass od pedal to buy, since I was looking into getting a sansamp. I figure that pedal is a staple in most bass players' arsenals. BTW, I read somewhere that Bob Daisley would use 100w Marshall heads back with Ozzy Osbourn, so that's good enough for me
Last edited by Deceived91352 at May 5, 2011,
Quote by Deceived91352
I was looking into getting a sansamp. I figure that pedal is a staple in most bass players' arsenals. :

no thanks

Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Quote by gilly_90

no thanks

So I figure you're not a fan of this particular pedal? I just figured it's a good direction, seeing as how it's practically a household name within certain circles...
Quote by Deceived91352
So I figure you're not a fan of this particular pedal? I just figured it's a good direction, seeing as how it's practically a household name within certain circles...

Just because a lot of people like something doesn't mean you have to too.

Also, just because I don't like it, I'm not saying it's bad.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by Fuzzle
The low end response may not be what you're hoping for but this will work. Basically any 4x10 rated for 4, 8, or 16 ohms would work. Just make sure you use a bass cab and not a guitar cab. Also, mr btp, please don't post anything that is not helpful.

So you mean it's gotta be a 4x10 minimum? How about if I went ultra budget with a gk 2x10 or acoustic 1x15 of course at 8ohms? I wonder if that's doable...
Last edited by Deceived91352 at May 7, 2011,
Quote by Deceived91352
So you mean it's gotta be a 4x10 minimum? How about if I went ultra budget with a global 210 or acoustic 1x15 of course at 8ohms? I wonder if that's doable...

Pretty sure any bass cab would work, but just make sure its a bass cab. Doesn't need to be a 4x10, but that's probably optimal for this type of thing.
pinga
you could use a 1x8 if the wattage and resistance matched up if you really wanted to.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Im both guitarist and bass player (nowadasy more bass). I dont have any amps now ( beacuse im moving to UK) but when i go there im thinking to buy my Bugera v55h again with a 1x15 combo. So i can both use it for bass & guitar

It isnt damaging anything

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bugera Fire Wall Half Stack
^