Hello all, I've been thinking about getting the MXR 10-band EQ pedal to boost the mids of my AC15 C1, but I've read that it doesn't work as great when it's not in an effects loop (which the AC15 lacks). Does anybody with an AC15 have any experience with this particular EQ pedal (or any EQ pedal for that matter)? Was there a significantly noticeable difference in sound? If not, I might just get an overdrive pedal with a mid booster control... Thanks!
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Ive got an AC15 and the MXR 10 band. Both work very well together. Even without the effects loop. I don't see why there would be any issues.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
ok cool! Yeah I'd figure I could always return it if it doesn't do what I need it to do... Is it a noisy pedal at all (like extra static or anything?) thanks!
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Quote by cheeekens
ok cool! Yeah I'd figure I could always return it if it doesn't do what I need it to do... Is it a noisy pedal at all (like extra static or anything?) thanks!

I can run my Chorus pedal, CM2, big muff, 10 band, and a Wah all through my AC15 while using a 1Spot power which people say is noisy, and I don't get any noise. So you should be fine.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Sweet man thanks for the help and quick reply
My MXR 10 band was noisy as absolute **** in front of both of my 2204s, and that's with less than half the available gain.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
My MXR 10 band was noisy as absolute **** in front of both of my 2204s, and that's with less than half the available gain.

Mine doesn't make any noise.

Sounds fine too.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!