Page 1 of 3
What are some things that you notice people argue about a lot, but you find the whole argument itself very pointless? Either IRL or on UG.

I'll name some. First, arguments about who's worse; Hitler or Stalin. Pretty much a lot of arguments about what it worse in general. Like what's worse; this band or this band, rape or murder, etc.

A good deal of arguments about Art. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I'll read or hear a really interesting argument about music, art, etc. Especially when it's about music history. Other times not so much.

Le discuss.
any youtube comment section
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Creationism vs evolutionism.

Evolutionists really don't have any proof whatsoever.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at May 5, 2011,
God doesn't exist.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

Indeed...
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
There's no emotion in shredding.

I was going to say this.

People who argue this measure emotion by how slow the music is, how many bends it contains and what kinds of faces the player makes. Also, David Gilmour is always mentioned. It's the same every time and it's always completely retarded.

I wish people would be content to simply dislike certain music, instead of trying to prove that it is somehow inferior.
Quote by Saint78

No. Those who quote this however are all retarded.

An argumentation can occur any place, as long as the actors are sane and have logic arguments an argumenation is never retarded.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Creationists really don't have any proof whatsoever.

It is somewhat useful for learning how to phrase arguments persuasively as you can be certain of your position; can't be arsed with it anymore though.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Saint78

HURR DURR so original.
No but really, I hate that saying. Basically saying there's no such thing as a decent debate on the internet which isn't true at all.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Saint78

Inb4 someone sig this

I think any discussion that comes up when you are drunk are pointless afterwards

Great fun though^^
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It is somewhat useful for learning how to phrase arguments persuasively as you can be certain of your position; can't be arsed with it anymore though.

I was going to say it the other way and was gonna troll the thread.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
That thread is kind of pointless. Seems like it's just a bunch of evolution supporters sitting around talking about how rational they are, waiting for a creationist to walk in the room so they can all beat the hell outta him.
Last edited by The Madcap at May 5, 2011,
I don't know if this counts, but when you're arguing or upset or whatever and someone says "it's just a..." or whatever, that'll make me raeg purty hard.
My mother can argue with me whether I'm hungry or not.
The Atheism > Religion argument, or vice versa. Especially on the internet. Usually it's just a bunch of Atheists bitching about how evil Christianity and wait until someone says they believe in God then flame the hell out of him.

Politics are also a pointless argument.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
The Atheism > Religion argument, or vice versa. Especially on the internet. Usually it's just a bunch of Atheists bitching about how evil Christianity and wait until someone says they believe in God then flame the hell out of him.

Politics are also a pointless argument.

There really are no proof for evolutionism at all. So yes it's a pointless argumenation.
Quote by ABRfan
I don't know if this counts, but when you're arguing or upset or whatever and someone says "it's just a..." or whatever, that'll make me raeg purty hard.

Although in some cases, you'll be too blinded by your own raeg to realise that the issue in question is trivial and not worth arguing about.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Evolutionists really don't have any proof whatsoever.

exactly. I mean, its just a theory anyways
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
The inevitable tide of pretentious idiots who think they're smart by suggesting you can't have a debate about art or music because it's 'subjective.' Of course you ****ing can, people have been doing it for centuries. So depressingly any thread about music on a music related forum invariably descends into people getting way too angry about the opinions of others, and pretentious twats.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
The inevitable tide of pretentious idiots who think they're smart by suggesting you can't have a debate about art or music because it's 'subjective.' Of course you ****ing can, people have been doing it for centuries. So depressingly any thread about music on a music related forum invariably descends into people getting way too angry about the opinions of others, and pretentious twats.

Much?
Quote by DempseyPunk

And if we came from monkeys, why don't we speak monkey?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by DempseyPunk

Oh, I see your trollbait, motherfucker
Quote by Kensai

And why are there still monkeys left?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
There really are no proof for evolutionism at all. So yes it's a pointless argumenation.

Agreed
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Kensai

And why do monkeys still exist? Or why cant we see them evolving
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
And why do monkeys still exist? Or why cant we see them evolving

And where is the crocoduck?
How can we argue space exists when we never been there?
Quote by Steve635z

Much?

Well, I actually think that, but it would be funny if someone had a tantrum about it and tried to argue that art being 'subjective' actually has any relevance to anything.
Quote by Steve635z
I can speak monkey....

I taught a monkey how to play the drums the other day.

Baboon tsh!
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
No. Those who quote this however are all retarded.

An argumentation can occur any place, as long as the actors are sane and have logic arguments an argumenation is never retarded.

What the hell is an argumentation? Did George Bush teach you English?

Pretty much every argument I have ever heard has been pointless and tedious.
Pointless arguments are pretty much the only reason I come to these forums.
Check out my band Disturbed
Page 1 of 3