I believe I posted something about this a while back but our band is part of this management company who's responsible for getting us shows/recording. They are ran by a very old senile man who claims to have many connections in the industry and insists our singer be in multiple bands (though our singer wants to just be in ours). As of this point they haven't done anything for us that we can't do for ourselves and while they claim to be able to get us shit loads of gigs at amazing places I haven't seen much evidence to support that claim. They want us to use an additional backup vocalist, which we are ok with, but this girl is impossible to work with and cries very very easily way too much so we told them that we'd rather not work with her. They in turn told us that we need to grow up and learn to work better. As much as I like them sometimes, we're beginning to think that we should just take our business elsewhere. Have you guys had issues like this before?
uhhhh....leave them.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
LOL why having anyone leading you ?? be a rocker be yourself **** THAT OLD MAN!
Gear:
-Squier Bullet Strat

DUNLOP CRY BABY

-Peavey ValveKing 212
cool story, bro

but seriously that sucks lol. just cause they call themselves a "company" doesnt mean they know what theyre doing. I prefer managing my own band because we have more control over where we play and we get a bigger check for ourselves. don't be scared of not being a pushover.
wow. that is some disfunctional s---. if you dont mind me saying. It sounds like they arent helping, but just adding drama and unnecessary stress on the members of the band.
I had something similar. and lets just say that is why I am an independent artist.
Dude music is about having fun. It's not about some old c*ntbag telling you what to do. If you aren't enjoying yourself: something has to change!
You are in a day and age where technology can be your best friend. You don't need anyone leading you, piggy backing you, pulling you along. Do it yourself. You have the ability to make an entire album in your bedroom, and promote yourself worldwide on the internet.

The people who will be most valuable to you won't be the ones making promises and claims to book you in great venues. They will just take action and before you know it things take off.

For future reference, make sure you ask yourself why nobody else significant is working with these people and you'll realize why and save yourself a bunch of time.
Quote by paranoid joker
wow. that is some disfunctional s---.

What he said. ^ Just get out, sounds like they just want the money and if they are bossing you around it's even worse. Leave. :P
@zepplin addict: Dude, exactly. record labels originally started because it was damn near impossible to sell music back in the day without label. nowadays. it is accually way better imo, to do your stuff online. when you do that, you dont limit yourself to local or statewide distro. the internet is worldwide. This route is a bit more pricy. but alot more drama free

@zelosa: Exaccly. not too hard to miss bro.
Quote by Me, from the last thread
Do they pay you?
If not, screw them. Tell them that you aren't paid to take their shit.

If yes, screw them. Tell them that you aren't paid enough to take their shit.

If they pay you a lot, then sit there and take it. You're paid to take their shit.

My advice still stands.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I agree you should get out of that deal. That is NOT to say however that most managers are bad - the majority are good and are often the easiest way into the industry.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Im pretty sure last time a lot of people asked about contracts and you didn't answer. So sign any?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Oh lol **** no. We haven't signed anything yet and at this point we own everything but the name of the band and 6 of the songs.
Wait. I meant we own everything but the name of the band and three of the songs that really are subpar at best.
Quote by JasperPryce
Oh lol **** no. We haven't signed anything yet and at this point we own everything but the name of the band and 6 of the songs.

How do you not own everything if you haven't signed anything?
Soundcloud
They wrote three of the songs and have the rights to them and they came up with the name and have the rights to it.
Ahh cool. Well leave, change your name and dump the songs and you should be all good.
Soundcloud