Hey everybody, I'm new here and I was wondering if you could help me out with a problem I'm having. I have a S-S-S MIM strat with rosewood fretboard and I wanna get new pickups, but theres alot of options out there and I really dont know what to get. I tend to play alot of classic rock, either clean or with some overdrive for distortion and I use a wahwah alot. Bands I play alot are The dead, The Stones, Edgar Winter, Steppenwolf, Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna, Floyd, alot of Jam-band classic rock. Wonderin what kind of pickups would work best for that?
lolwut?

^^ what's your budget, location (country- affects prices, availability and value), and your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Maybe the JB Model from Seymour Duncan. It's pretty classic rock sounding.
Any of the Single coils, from Bareknuckle Pickups, are absolutely brlliant.
Dom, look... I Caught a PWOPER fish
^ that's as may be, but i'm guessing he doesn't want a sinner either.

Quote by blackbird51

wut

Quote by Zelos45
Maybe the JB Model from Seymour Duncan. It's pretty classic rock sounding.

wut
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
for your type of music choice (similar to mine) i would look at fender texas specials or lindy fralins.

i have a set of texas specials in a MIA strat, great for clean classic strat tones and over driven blues rock. i don't have first hand experience of the fralins but i've heard some played and they sound good.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Yeah Fender Texas Specials are what I thought of, good all-round slightly hot single coils. If you wanted a slightly warmer take then the SD Quarter Pound would do well, that woul be good in the bridge with Texas Specials in the neck and middle positions.