Ok I am bassplayer but have picked up a Arbor Guitar on the cheap. I am hoping some one on here can give me a little info on it or help send me in the right direction. The Arbor electric solid body guitar is a model number G317 and serial number 8703683. This is what if found out about it: ROCKER DOUBLE CUTAWAY, produced 1986 - 1989.
This guitar has two single coil pickups and one humbucker pickup with 4 toggle switches. white red and black color combo with a classic 80's lightning bolt pattern. Jackson looking neck with the jackson shark tooth markers. Also autographed "Ted Nugent 92". I don't know any thing else about it, like what it is made out of, are the pickup and electronics on them good or would I be better of moding it? the two single coil and one humbucker say Arbor on them. Also any idea what one of these would be worth? Not that I nessarly want to sell it. Just curious if I did ok on the price. Never heard of Arbor. I have always played Fender, Peavey and Ibanez basses.
That's a tough one. Judging by the look of their website it seems that nowadays they're your average les paul knockoff company. Where did you buy it from, and was it insanely cheap?

Also, I'd stay as far away as I could from anything that has anything to do with Ted Nugent.

EDIT: Maybe this link could help: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?1211201-Arbor-guitars
I'm not seeing anything about your specific model, but it seems they were a bit hit-or-miss. Going from "Played great, sounded good" to "god awful electronics".
I guess you'll find out in due time.
REGGIE
Last edited by LeakyFlask at May 5, 2011,
LeakyFlask,
I bought it from a guy back home who need the cash. Paid $100 for it. What is wrong with a Ted Nugent autograph? I know he is really political, but would it have a bearing on the guitar? Just bought cause i thought it was cool looking a fairly inexpensive.
Haha, I just have a gripe with Nugent (I'm sure a lot of people has) since he's really really conservative.
A hundred bucks seems fair, even if it turns out to be a bit of a project guitar. At least you'll have something that's not owned by every Tom, Dick and Harry.
REGGIE
That is what I was thinking. Different looking! If it sounds like crap I can always change the electronics. I like the retro 80's hard rock/ metal look to it, lol!