Hey all.
Do you guys know the CAGED system?
Well, I made my own way of practicing with it.
The way I do it is first of I play all the chords and their minor quality.
Then I play dominant major and minor sevenths of all the chords.
Then I play 9ths 11ths and 13ths.
So basically what you do is building up the add ons.
This will make your chordal vocabulary develop miles in just a few days, because the whole system covers the entire neck.
This isn't really a question, it's more of a way to show you how you can practice it effectively.
What I do is I learn all the add ons at the same time for each chord.
But what you also can do is first your C shape and learn all the add ons to that and moving to the next.
Ow and note that you shouldn't waiste your time learning b11 and stuff because basically it's the exact same thing but then the 4th or 11th however you like to call it is moved one half step down.
So practice on!
Cool blog bro
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
I do this but rather then pick a key randomly here and there I always do the full cycle of 4ths, or sometimes Ill move in the cycle of fifths with each system, this is an extremely good way to practice it, plus you learn to move in 4ths and 5ths so easily you never have to think about it
Quote by sar8777
I do this but rather then pick a key randomly here and there I always do the full cycle of 4ths, or sometimes Ill move in the cycle of fifths with each system, this is an extremely good way to practice it, plus you learn to move in 4ths and 5ths so easily you never have to think about it

I found a chord built only of 4ths of the previous note it's all the open strings with the first fret on the B string.
Btw when I practice licks from magazines with my teacher we play it in cycle of fifths.
Quote by SilverSpurs616
I once learned a barre chord.

The CAGED system is far more practical.
It's basically C A G E D shapes moved forward further on the neck, which does include barre chords.
Even though I call it AGED or CAGE because the C and D are almost the same.
Quote by SilverSpurs616
I once learned a barre chord.

Pics or it didn't happen

*edit*

C is G just moved up a string. E, A, and D are also the same shape moved up.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by liampje
asking= question
this topic= no question

Good point. Belongs in a blog. Closed.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud