Trying to get rid of a lot of my furniture since I'm going to be moving soon. How many sketchy characters can I expect to come over my apartment to look at my furniture?
So far I've only had one person come to take a look at my sofa but it was a no-sale.

So pit...any strange craigslist experiences you guys have worth mentioning?
I bought an ipod off a guy on craigslist and in the ipod, it had random pictures of some blond chick and the name of said ipod was Princess Chelsea or some shit.

Wierd, but I bought it anyway.
pinga
I buy and sell stuff all the time on craigslist. If I am buying I try to get them to meet me in a neutral location, if I am selling, they come over, I am am armed.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
weird haha... his ex's or stolen.

but yeah.. not many weird people on craigslist outside of m4m,wm4, etc.

just people who want to buy your shit, I always buy stuff to use it, then sell it and make a little profit
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Well, I bought a Gameboy Advance and Pokemon Gold on Craigslist recently for $10 (such a good deal!) My friend and I went to the person's house and a fat dad answered the door without his shirt off. Me and my friend just stared at each other trying not to laugh. It was an awkward few minutes waiting for the kid to come down with the Gameboy...
You won't run into that many "creepy" people. But there's a good chance you will be bombarded by idiots left and right.

Or maybe that's only in the musical instruments section..
Quote by TheAbsentOne
You won't run into that many "creepy" people. But there's a good chance you will be bombarded by idiots left and right.

Or maybe that's only in the musical instruments section..

Tons of idiots, and flakes. i always put in my ads, "Reply with phone number or no response"

Selling furniture you will get questions the caliber of: "Can I use this table and chairs for breakfast AND dinner or is it strictly a dinner table?"
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by ecvMatt
Tons of idiots, and flakes. i always put in my ads, "Reply with phone number or no response"

Selling furniture you will get questions the caliber of: "Can I use this table and chairs for breakfast AND dinner or is it strictly a dinner table?"

Flaky people is what would bother me the most. I've already had one person who asked about my stuff but hasn't responded since. I wish people would at least text me saying that they're not interested instead of leading me on and then disappearing off the face of the earth.
Quote by ecvMatt

I sell stuff on the mexican equivalent of craiglist, and it almost always kind of guys trying to exchange a shitty cellphone or banned xbox.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Don't feel like I should make a new thread for this....

What is this thing called? The name of it feels like it's on the tip of my tongue but it's not coming to me at all. I don't want to type in thingy with shelves on the craigslist post.

edit: Aww it looks like a smiley face. Never noticed that before.
Last edited by Masamune at May 5, 2011,
Quote by Masamune
Don't feel like I should make a new thread for this....

What is this thing called? The name of it feels like it's on the tip of my tongue but it's not coming to me at all. I don't want to type in thingy with shelves on the craigslist post.

(Invalid img)

edit: Aww it looks like a smiley face. Never noticed that before.

Call it something like "Kick ass smiley dresser"
Pretty sure that's a night stand.
Edit: For your own peace of mind, based on the demographic of craigslist furniture shoppers, I would use another term instead of night stand to avoid awkward sexual advances.
"Hey, I heard you're down for a one night stand. So...you free tomorrow night?"

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Last edited by mesopatamius at May 5, 2011,
Quote by Masamune
Thanks. I already put it down as a 2-shelf dresser so no need to worry about that.

add the smiley face
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
lots of idiots, also, as stated probably just the instrument section.

MY AD: "500 firm, no trades, cannot go any lower"

Email: "HEY MAN, CAN YOU LOWER IT ANY? IF NOT, WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO TRADE FOR ______"

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I've sold tons of stuff through craigslist, and I've bought alot of stuff as well. I've never had any problems at all.
When I sold my car the first people to come see it was this big British guy and his wife. He said he was getting his wife a car. Anyway I let them drive it around the block and she complained that the air conditioner didn't work. Yes it does, you drove it around the block for two minutes, you can't expect it to be ice cold the instant you turn it on. And I was selling it cheap so even if it didn't work, who cares? You're in the market for a cheap car. It won't be perfect.
They tried to lowball me, so I said no. I ended up selling it to a nice couple who wanted to get their daughter a car for her birthday, just under asking price.

So expect idiots, but plenty of respectable people too.
Quote by FunkyDuck
Well, I bought a Gameboy Advance and Pokemon Gold on Craigslist recently for $10 (such a good deal!) My friend and I went to the person's house and a fat dad answered the door without his shirt off. Me and my friend just stared at each other trying not to laugh. It was an awkward few minutes waiting for the kid to come down with the Gameboy...

You expect everyone to come down shirtless then?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!