Hi,

Can anyone list any decent budget brand shredder models from the 80s? So far know of; Hohner, Vester, Peavey and Squier as making reasonable budget rip offs of the big names like Charvel, Kramer and Fender.

If anyone knows of any more budget super strat brands from this period I'd love to know, thanks!
Ibanez were big and you can find some cheap models. I have a RG120 ($175) and it sounded good stock then i put EMG 81/85 and it sounded bettter.
Jackson and BC Rich have some cheap models (though everyone around here HATES low end BC Rich's) and both companies were huge during the 80's.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You can find some decent Japanese made Kramers for pretty cheap. Just stay away from the Korean ones. The Focus series are usually pretty solid, but stay away from Aerostars and stuff like that.
maybe not all scritly 80s/90s but: maya, columbus, fernandes, greco, fenix (really reccomended, better than fender in some cases!), cheap fenders - bullet, bronco, etc. Some aren't great for shredding but could be adapted
Washburn.

Chicago series, KC series, MG series or Mercury series.
Last edited by m33sta at May 6, 2011,
Quote by CaptDin
You can find some decent Japanese made Kramers for pretty cheap. Just stay away from the Korean ones. The Focus series are usually pretty solid, but stay away from Aerostars and stuff like that.

The new korean ones are good. Im pretty sure my pacer classic is made there and its killer.