^So yeah. It'd be just for vocals and an acoustic. What would be good? Multi-track recorder, USB mic? Any specific products would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sending a dummy to my God.

plug the guitar into your bottom and sing into a microphone.

oops I didn't read the OP <_<
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at May 5, 2011,
use - Audacity, SM57 and or an Apex 435 with a pop filter, a xenyx 802 mixer, with a UCA202 Audio interface.

It's not super high end, but you'd be amazed at the quality you can get with it.

It's not always the gear, don't need thousands of dollars to get good tones.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
sm58 and download 'reaper' for free, torrent or rapidshare some VSTs if you want too, cus reaper is vst compatible.

I'm not too knowledgable on interfaces though so i'll let other people decide cus i basically wasted my money when i bought pro tools and an mbox mini back in teh day but reaper and a sm58 are a good start/
Currently I'm using a Samson CO1U USB condenser which came with a copy of a Sonar DAW, possibly 7. It's just an LE version, but it's all you need. I want to upgrade, but that's what works, and it's all you need. Cost me...£70.
Download Reaper for sure.

As far as USB mics go... well... in all truth, all of my songs have been recorded with a Rockband mic. If you have one of those lying around, they work fine.
Quote by Jon777
Download Reaper for sure.

As far as USB mics go... well... in all truth, all of my songs have been recorded with a Rockband mic. If you have one of those lying around, they work fine.

that is what i have done, they are pretty decent mic if you ask me

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
Currently I'm using a Samson CO1U USB condenser which came with a copy of a Sonar DAW, possibly 7. It's just an LE version, but it's all you need. I want to upgrade, but that's what works, and it's all you need. Cost me...£70.

I have the exact same one, came with the same software. Great mic, haven't used the Sonar it came with tbh, I just use Audacity out of laziness. Was about $100 here.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this