I was wondering if anyone has some experience with the Rocktron V50c. I am going to be purchasing a solid state amp to jam with some friends that I don't really trust to have my tube amp at their practice space. So, the price on the Rocktron was right and it looks like it can put out enough volume, but does anybody have any experience with playing over a drummer with one of these? The drummer I would be jamming with part of the time tries to kill his drums.
I have a Rocktron v80r that I used to use with a distortion pedal before I got my halfstack. The couple times I did jam with it I could hardly hear myself over my drummer. We even had it raised and everything. My drummer is a very hard hitter and the room we were in was very large so it very well may have been the acoustics but I couldn't really hear myself.

Also not to crap on your amp choice but I don't really like the tone my rocktron puts out. How much would you be getting the V50c for? I only say this as it might be wise to get something else to use.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
for a digital amp to compete with a loud drummer you'll probably need 100w+
Ibanez Prestige RG3270
Axe FX II
Quote by whytefyre_hawk
I have a Rocktron v80r that I used to use with a distortion pedal before I got my halfstack. The couple times I did jam with it I could hardly hear myself over my drummer. We even had it raised and everything. My drummer is a very hard hitter and the room we were in was very large so it very well may have been the acoustics but I couldn't really hear myself.

Also not to crap on your amp choice but I don't really like the tone my rocktron puts out. How much would you be getting the V50c for? I only say this as it might be wise to get something else to use.

The V50 is for around 200 bucks. I know this is sad, but the friends I would be using it to jam with, I don't especially care about their music, they don't seem to care about tone whatsoever, I'm using it as experience in playing with other musicians. They play mainly sloppy punk, grunge and I guess what you would call sludge metal or something like that. If you have a suggestion for an amp that is solid state and cheap but will handle the volume, then please let me know, but I do have a strong preference for combos with 2 speakers. That is really what brought me to the Rocktron V50 in the first place.