Page 1 of 2
So here's the deal, I sold my Runescape account to a random guy over the internet, I recovered the password a couple days later and he emails me later telling me that he saved all of our conversations and if I don't give him the password of the account back he is going to "sue" me. Is it possible that I can get into some real trouble for not giving him the account in exchange for money?

Don't flame me for this, just curious. Thanks
Did he ever sign a contract involved? Also, how much did you sell it for?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
No contract was signed but he does have my paypal information, my picture, and our conversations saved. I sold him the account for 150$
Quote by JackAttackhaha
No contract was signed but he does have my paypal information, my picture, and our conversations saved. I sold him the account for 150$

Then that amount is able to go to small claims court.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Why would you do that? Just to make a quick $150?
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
It seems highly unlikely that he would actually attempt to sue you unless we're talking about a decent bit of money. Suing you for $150 doesn't seem worth the effort.

He could certainly get your account banned if he shows the people that run Runescape that you sold it to him.

Why did you rip the guy off though? That's a bit of a dick move honestly.
Tell him if he really wants to sue you and enjoy the litigation process in small claims court then to go ahead. Also, depending on the judge he can look forward to public ridicule from the judge. And once it's all said and done, I'm sure he'll feel like a blind retard for making such a foolish mistake over the web/
he bought it illegally too?
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Wait, so you took $150 from a dude and won't give him your Runescape account?

Wtf.
Quote by lateraluspiral
he bought it illegally too?

How so? I don't believe it's illegal to buy something like that. It's against the game rules, but it's not like it's against the law.
Quote by zgr0826
Then that amount is able to go to small claims court.

I second this. You entered a contract by agreeing to sell your account. Be lucky you got so much for such a petty thing...
he could take you to small claims,

and that is a form of fraud actually, yes.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
what a ****in player

he cant prove you recovered the goddamn account. youll get banned though

I cant believe people pay for that shit though
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at May 5, 2011,
Correct me if wrong, but you definitely did commit fraud, going by the definition of ": "deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage"

So yeah, go scammed guy.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Quote by zgr0826
Did he ever sign a contract involved? Also, how much did you sell it for?

A verbal agreement is legally binding, just difficult to prove. In this case he has a written record of the conversation and that forms a sufficient contract AFAIK.

He could easily take this to the small claims court, and he probably should ($150 is hardly trivial).

TS, either honour your side of the agreement and give him the account or refund him the money, what you're doing here is no different than stealing cash from a purse.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by JackAttackhaha
So here's the deal, I sold my Runescape account to a random guy over the internet, I recovered the password a couple days later and he emails me later telling me that he saved all of our conversations and if I don't give him the password of the account back he is going to "sue" me. Is it possible that I can get into some real trouble for not giving him the account in exchange for money?

Don't flame me for this, just curious. Thanks

So let me get this straight:

• He agreed to buy it and paid for it
  • You changed the password to the account after selling it
  • He cannot access his newly purchased account
  • He wants to sue you for scamming him

If this is correct, then I think he can take you to court. Not sure how far he will get though. I did not know that Runescape accounts had to be paid for, I always thought they were free.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by SKArface McDank
what a ****in player

he cant prove you recovered the goddamn account. youll get banned though

I cant believe people pay for that shit though

He doesn't need to prove the guy recovered the account, all he has to do is show that he paid for something and did not receive it and that TS is at fault. Given that he has a log of conversations that shouldn't be difficult.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
actually, unless he gifted the cash to you on paypal, he can just file a claim. he's probably 13 though and shitting his pants he got scammed $150 so he's saying he'll sue you..

you can just say it got hacked... he downloaded some spyware and someone eventually hacked it
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at May 5, 2011,
Thanks for the help guys I haven't ****ed him over yet, just wondering if it's actually possible for him to do anything. I've decided that it wouldn't be worth the trouble if he was to actually go through with taking me to court.
Quote by zgr0826
Did he ever sign a contract involved?

Doesn't matter probably. If he can show that they agreed on the transaction and that the funds were transferred then he can show that he was ripped off.
Quote by JackAttackhaha
Thanks for the help guys I haven't ****ed him over yet, just wondering if it's actually possible for him to do anything. I've decided that it wouldn't be worth the trouble if he was to actually go through with taking me to court.

AKA: TS is shitting his pants that he can actually be taken to court and committed fraud, is currently logged off UG and changing the password to runescape back
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JackAttackhaha

Ya man, never mind that stealing is wrong or anything. You're a horrible person.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by JackAttackhaha

...So, the only reason you're not doing it is because he indeed could beat your ass in court for it?

Five words for you.

STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Ya man, never mind that stealing is wrong or anything. You're a horrible person.

This. You're being a gigantic cunt, TS, give him the password or his money back.
you're still scum

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I think you should give him the account or his money back, otherwise you're a rat-faced liar.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I hope that guy successfully sues the fuck out of you, TS.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
It is hilarious that people like you haven't just been stabbed or something by now. Side note, was unaware Runescape was still up, hmm.
Hey TS, Its not a good idea to confess to fraud ... and leave all your info (such as email address and such) in your profile. Quite frankly, people like you are terrible people and I am reporting your email to jagex (I think thats runescape). If you haven't sold your profile, then it'll be banned. If you have, then expect legal repercussions for your actions.
Quote by metal4eva_22
Hey TS, Its not a good idea to confess to fraud ... and leave all your info (such as email address and such) in your profile. Quite frankly, people like you are terrible people and I am reporting your email to jagex (I think thats runescape). If you haven't sold your profile, then it'll be banned. If you have, then expect legal repercussions for your actions.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Cao ni zu zong shi ba dai. (Chinese)

Kak oudelic shoon. (Armenian)

And Sut djavlepik i helvede din bossedvarg (Danish)

I hope you get the shit sued out of you, TS.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by metal4eva_22

I doubt he used the same email address on an account he created with the intention to sell/use for fraud. That's just plain retarded
well he's asking if someone can sue him over $150 for pixels. do the math
- Carl Sagan
I hope you get testicular cancer, TS.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Hey, let's all insult TS!

Ta mere suce des ours dans la foret.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Page 1 of 2