Alright, so I'm in a band and I'm thinking about getting a new guitar. I currently have a Fender Standard Mexican Telecaster, but I'm in the market for something a little more high-end. I'll have about $1000 to spend and I have two choices that have been sticking with me.

I would like to purchase either a Classic Player Fender Jaguar Special HH or a Gibson Studio Les Paul. My band's genre is a mixture of fuzz-rock and shoegaze. Think White Stripes/Ride/little bit o' Weezer. Which would work best? If you have any other suggestions for my price range I'm open to that too.

Thanks!
Go try out a shit load of guitars in your price range. Gibsons and Fenders are completely different guitars in terms of specs.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
What kind of amp do you have? If you've got $1000 to spend on gear, a good amp, and you can get a really good tube combo with $1000, will probably help your tone and sound better than a new guitar. If you don't like the guitar though, I'd say go for the Jaguar over a Les Paul for sure. For the same price, the Jaguar will be a lot more versatile, especially since it has a lot of pickup switching options. I think its sound would fit what you play a lot better than a Les Paul. They're easier and more comfortable to play too, I think, but that's mostly personal preference. And like Koshman says, try out tons of other guitars too.
Quote by AussieRHCP
What kind of amp do you have? If you've got $1000 to spend on gear, a good amp, and you can get a really good tube combo with $1000, will probably help your tone and sound better than a new guitar. If you don't like the guitar though, I'd say go for the Jaguar over a Les Paul for sure. For the same price, the Jaguar will be a lot more versatile, especially since it has a lot of pickup switching options. I think its sound would fit what you play a lot better than a Les Paul. They're easier and more comfortable to play too, I think, but that's mostly personal preference. And like Koshman says, try out tons of other guitars too.

I'm actually getting a tube combo soon too. I think you're right about the Jaguar's versatility, from what I've heard online and from friends it does seem to fit my genre more. Thanks!
Les Pauls look REALLY awesome. That's about it. Get the Jaguar.
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
I'd get the Jaguar, but I'd skip on the Jaguar HH special (The Black and Chrome one, the normal colored one is OK). The Fender Dragster pickups are complete rubbish. The normal one has Fender Enforcers, which are a metric ****-ton better.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
i have the jag but with single coils...it sounds great and looks really nice

get it...