I'm incapable of missing people.

I've really been thinking about this as of late, and it sort of bothers me. I moved from my hometown four months ago, away from all of my family and friends that I grew up with, yet I don't miss anyone. I noticed this at first a couple of years ago, but I didn't really think much of it at the time. Maybe I don't have the ability to feel that emotion, or I just wasn't that close enough to anyone to truly care about them. I'm not sure if I should feel bad about this or not.

Any other robots out there? What emotions can you not feel?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
You must be my long lost brother. We were separated after being assembled and shipped off to different states ...
I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing. You may just look forward instead of back.

Also inb4 Dreadnought.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing. You may just look forward instead of back.

Also inb4 Dreadnought.

What's wrong with Dreadnought? Sorry I've been gone a while.
Get off my lawn.
I used to be that way until I had a near death experience.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Hm. My brother moved out of my house like a month ago, and my Mom asked if I missed him a few hours ago. I told her I didn't, because I really don't. I've never given this much thought.
im the exact opposite, im not an incredibly emotional guy but i am extremely sentimental sometimes for no reason...
It could also mean you didn't have a secure attachment to the people you knew. Yes they may have been family and friends but maybe not too close. Another factor like someone already mentioned, you may be depressed.
eh i wouldnt worry about it. im pretty much the same way. it doesnt really make sense to me to miss people because you will (presumably) see them again. although if i moved clear across the country where traveling for a weekend/holiday/special visit isnt viable perhaps i might feel a bit differently.

generally when ive been away from my family for any length of time, ive missed my dog more than ive found myself missing family members or friends
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I'm the exact same way. To the next level even, like i wont see friends or girlfriends of parents for long periods of time and dont care. if people left me today i wouldnt seem to be affected much. I can only remember missing one person ever my whole life. I used to think i was a robot too actually.
I was like that, until my ex girlfriend broke up with me. So it could well be that you just haven't been that close to anyone yet.
As was also said, it could be a sign of depression.
RIP Gooze

cats
This may sound weird, but I don't really miss family members. Maybe I just take them for granted or something. I go for weeks without seeing my dad or brother and it doesn't really affect me that much. It's not that I don't love them or anything, it just doesn't bother me.

But there was a girl at school I really liked, now she's taking a trimester off and I do miss her for whatever reason... Which is stupid really, because I doubt she misses me at all. I just get attached way too fast, I guess.

Maybe the difference is I know I'll see my family members again eventually, but if I part ways with someone out in the world that I like a lot, it's not certain I'll ever see them again, at least on a regular basis.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
What's wrong with Dreadnought? Sorry I've been gone a while.

Nothing's wrong with Dreadnought, he just got drunk one night and made a huge thread about the robots attacking.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Beep boop.

I have nothing else to add.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
Beep boop.

I have nothing else to add.

Hey can you play that song that goes "beep boo boo bop boo boo bop"?
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~

EDIT: Buh, srsly . . . .

I often don't give a shit about seeing my friends. Even the ones that I've been cool with for years, for example my buddy thru middle and high school. I hardly talk to him and he lives down the street, neither of us do much with our lives, and neither of us feel compelled to hang out or anything. Makes me wonder some times
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Last edited by tremeloud at May 6, 2011,
Quote by the_wassel
No, man. I think you mean the song that goes "Beep boo bop bee bee boo bop."

Beep? Boo boo bop!
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
Sounds like you have depression my friend.

As the son of a psychiatrist, I can say that was a dumbass comment, HawkLuigi.

OT: I don't see the issue, TS. You just sort of strike me as a "here & now" person. Or maybe a "looking forward" person. You're not gonna miss everyone 100% of the time; it's only when you get nostalgic that you'll miss 'em.
same here. if any of my friends are ever like "miss you!!"
I'm just like "yeahhhhh, you too..." because i dont know what to say. because I don't feel it. I just don't miss people. and like, when my friends are like, you mean so much to me, blahblahblah whatever i'd die without you. I don't know what i'd do with out you.
I'm like "ohhhhahah thanks..."
Idk I've never felt like that before =/
Quote by Primus2112
Hey can you play that song that goes "beep boo boo bop boo boo bop"?

That episode is amazing.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

As the son of a psychiatrist, I can say that was a dumbass comment, HawkLuigi.

Seems more like you're just on a high horse. Lots of people who are depressed tend to lack normal emotional responses, which is exactly what TS is talking about.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
what is 'missing' anyway
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
so when does skynet turn on Jay?

joking aside, i feel the same way sometimes, there are people i do miss on occassion though
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I left everything I knew behind when I left San Francisco. haven't missed anyone or anything.
Well if it bothers you...then doesn't that mean you care?
And if you care...doesn't that mean you miss them?

Elementary my dear Watson.
If I know they're alive and well, I don't miss them. Except for pets, because they're always there for you. If you're nice to them, they're nice to you. I don't like being without that.

Plus, they usually live for a much shorter time than humans. So, for example, when I think about going off to college in a year or two, it feels like by the time I come back my dog will be gone.
beep bop doo
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by icesk8erqueen8
same here. if any of my friends are ever like "miss you!!"
I'm just like "yeahhhhh, you too..." because i dont know what to say. because I don't feel it. I just don't miss people. and like, when my friends are like, you mean so much to me, blahblahblah whatever i'd die without you. I don't know what i'd do with out you.
I'm like "ohhhhahah thanks..."
Idk I've never felt like that before =/

Same.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████