http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RbXIMZmVv8

an alteration in the perception or experience of the external world so that it seems strange or unreal. Other symptoms include feeling as though one's environment is lacking in spontaneity, emotional coloring and depth.[1] It is a dissociative symptom of many conditions, such as psychiatric and neurological disorders, and not a standalone disorder. It is also a transient side effect of acute drug intoxication, sleep deprivation, and stress.

Does anyone have any experience with any of this?
Oh, that explains a lot...
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
I think I do actually. Like moments where none of this seems real, or atleast personal enough to be my life. It always comes before a depressive episode and when it happens I never knew what to call it, but I understand I'm gonna be depressed for a while.

It's so hard to explain to people though. I was sitting in my room today and it just came to me, like a feeling like none of this belongs to me, or I'm living a life I'm not supposed to, or something.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Yes. But I rather like it. Most of mine is drug induced, not an actual condition or psychological problem.

I get that a lot when I havn't slept.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I get that feeling when I stay up all night and then go to school.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Depersonalization is more common to me, I've get the feeling quite often (without the use of drugs). I used to experience it as a result of panic attacks, but now I'll just be going throughout my day and it'll feel like 'm observing myself. Weird shit, I know.
That happens to me when I go to dances.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
After asking one of the only friends I thought would understand this and going away empty, I decided to take this to the Pit.

I used to perseverate on one thought as a child and it'd bring me to tears. I'm not even sure what it was anymore, but it'd set me off.

More recently, I'll have certain moments where everything just kind of... not stops, but gets surreal. This only lasts a couple of seconds, but the feeling in my head is very peculiar. It's frightening and euphoric at the same time. For lack of a better way to describe it, it feels like my brain is "unsticking" for a few seconds. But, anyway, it feels as if everything just isn't truly happening.
Happens when I'm high, but I've been feeling that every once in a while even before starting teh drugz0rz
I get that all the time because I'm so sleep deprived. Not really much to say about it, feels like your on drugs.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
How'd you come across derealization in the first place? As in, where'd you hear the word?

Endless scouring of Wikipedia pages for useless bits of information.

I think the path was Lewis Caroll - Migrane - Aura - Derealization .

At least, that's how I got to it tonight.

I'm pretty sure I've read something about it before, though.

From a more credible source.
I used to experience this quite frequently at the end of 10th grade. The episodes occurred in and out of school, but they haven't really come back since then.
What I experience, which sounds similar enough, is almost like a comedown from stress. Whenever I take a shower, I get really relaxed to the point where I feel completely unattached from my ego and basically anything that was ever important to me. If I smoke before showering, it gets pretty intense, to the point where I don't even feel like I'm a part of anything except this extreme and instant moment. Eventually, if i don't move my eyes and i space out, things start changing color and i end up staring at something like the bath faucet for about 5-10 minutes before realizing I've turned into a complete puddnhead, and can't even recognize normal objects for what they are.

Sounds dereal to me.

Quote by the_wassel
Oh.

That's embarrassing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization

I didn't even ask questions, I was just happy I was listening to floyd. Good choice.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Last edited by tremeloud at May 6, 2011,
On the bright side... it's a cool Pink Floyd song...

On the other side, I have zero to contribute to you. Enjoy your derealization

Quote by tremeloud
What I experience, which sounds similar enough, is almost like a comedown from stress. Whenever I take a shower, I get really relaxed to the point where I feel completely unattached from my ego and basically anything that was ever important to me. If I smoke before showering, it gets pretty intense, to the point where I don't even feel like I'm a part of anything except this extreme and instant moment. Eventually, if i don't move my eyes and i space out, things start changing color and i end up staring at something like the bath faucet for about 5-10 minutes before realizing I've turned into a complete puddnhead, and can't even recognize normal objects for what they are.

Sounds dereal to me.

I didn't even ask questions, I was just happy I was listening to floyd. Good choice.

Sounds a lot like dissociative effects. Weed can have mild effects of just about every category of drugs. But yeah. Lots of pcp heads will talk about experiencing this. They'll just get locked in on staring something for hours. But they're okay with it. Hmmm

Quote by gilly_90
I get that a lot when I havn't slept.

Same. Sleep deprivation, travel, and are all major causes for me.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Sounds a lot like dissociative effects. Weed can have mild effects of just about every category of drugs. But yeah. Lots of pcp heads will talk about experiencing this. They'll just get locked in on staring something for hours. But they're okay with it. Hmmm

eeenteresting. Only dissociative experiences I've had were with DXM, and it SUCKED. I know I posted the report in the DT, it basically consisted of me vomiting and shaking all night. So yeah, either mild seratonin toxicity or im missing some silly enzyme that makes me triphard.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Yep. Happened twice in recent memory due to sleep deprivation. First time I was going home for a weekend, and my mom was driving me. We were about 30 seconds from my house. I was sitting in the back of the car with all my belongings, when suddenly I "snapped out of" what I guess was my normal way of perceiving things. I became really aware of myself and what my body was up to and stuff. It was trippy. It stopped when I got home.

Happened again a few weeks later while I was snowboarding. That was weird.
Last edited by FrauVfromPoB at May 6, 2011,
Yes it's happened to me quite a bit. Like going through town and it feeling like some strange place. Almost like a dream and it's a really weird and creepy feeling.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
Yep. Happened twice in recent memory due to sleep deprivation. First time I was going home for a weekend, and my mom was driving me. We were about 30 seconds from my house. I was sitting in the back of the car with all my belongings, when suddenly I "snapped out of" what I guess was my normal way of perceiving things. I became really aware of myself and what my body was up to and stuff. It was trippy. It stopped when I got home.

Happened again a few weeks later while I was snowboarding. That was weird.

Snow.

Elaborate on that.

Something like that happened to me whilst standing out in the snow.
Quote by due 07
You were listening to Pink Floyd?

Pink Floyd is the best depressed music ever.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.