I have the opportunity to buy either of these guitars for under $300, they both have duncans, floyd roses, the jackson is 22 frets and has a bolt on neck and the ltd is 24 frets and neck through. I just wanted to hear opinions from those who have played or owned either of these guitars. Any help would be much appreciated.
I like the RR3 more, but the ltd may have better specs, and the neckthrough is awesome. It's just that you don't use the 23/24th fret as much as you'd really think you would.

Go try them out see which feels best, keep in mind both have LICENCED floyds.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I never said HE wouldnt use them, but I'm in a death metal band, and play neo-classical all the time, that involves octaves up the ass, and I still don't play the 23rd and 24th fret as much as I think I do.
It's a small list of people who constantly use the 23rd and 24th fret ALL the time more then metal players/neo-classical players.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at May 6, 2011,
They're both good guitars. I'd take the LTD, but I'm obviously biased. Can you play either one, or similar models? That way you could go with whichever one you prefer the feel of. They will feel quite a bit different, neckwise.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X