I've been playing guitar for over 2 years now. I'm getting bored with playing alone in my apartment. I'm looking to join find a band on craigslist. What sort of things should I expect when I first show up? Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.
dont...
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
ownt...
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at May 6, 2011,
Not on craigslist
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Whoa, why not? Is it because they all suck? Only playing 2 years, I don't think I'm ready for a super talented band with tons of experience. Looking for people around my playing level. Is everyone on craigslist retarded or something?
I see lots of No's but no explanation, you guys aren't being very helpful.
Depends on what the scene is like in your town. I think you might be able to find someone or a band who is looking but dont expect to find exactly what you want. Chances are that you'll see lots of ads but for every other type of music except what you want to play. That's just my experience.
Impress everyone with your sweeping skills.

First thing.

Even if they don't ask.

Sweep.

...sweeeeeep...
don't
Edit- what you really need is a new amp.
Last edited by hames jetfield at May 6, 2011,
It really depends upon the genre so if ur playing pop or punk be sure you can play barre chords fifth chords aka power chords. Know the basic chord progressions I-IV-V. If ur looking to play metal same thing except your progressions tend to revolve around minor scales and certain modes ie Lydian, Phrygian. Just know a few basic minor scales and pentatonic, nothing too fancy. It wouldn't hurt to know a few tapping licks.

The most important one that makes everything I just told you completely useless. Know how to play by ear. And be sure to submit an original piece of music ie youtube so you can find potential band mates.
Quote by blake1221
Impress everyone with your sweeping skills.

First thing.

Even if they don't ask.

Sweep.

...sweeeeeep...

doooo eeeeeeeeeeet
My sig? Nice.
craigslist? wtf?

be sociable and try to get connected to the musicians in your area my man, ive never heard of trying out for music on fookin craigslist
Here's what to expect when playing with a band for the first time: nothing. You're either going to do well or you're going to suck and really have to work hard at playing with other people.
A lot of the people who post on Craigslist (in the UK it's mostly Gumtree) are time wasters, they don't really have any talent, as a last ditch attempt to find a bassist my band have turned to gumtree but everyone has disappointed so far. If you've got musician friends ask around, or place an ad in your local shop.
Wow everyone is being so useless here
Just have fun with it TS

AEDIT: Erm..what I meant was:
don't...
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at May 6, 2011,
First of all. You gotta know the people and pretty much like to hang out with them. No matter how good they are at playing it wont do no good if they are douchbags. Keep that in mind.