New owner of a Jackson DKMG and I've been reading the guides, but I'm still a bit confused as to the quicket/easiest way to do this would be.

From my understanding it would be the Tremel-no plus the D-tuna? And then I can tune between the two within seconds while still having the full use of the trem? Or would the only thing I need be the tremel-no?
To be honest, this will never be that great..
Whenever you go to drop D all the other strings will go a bit sharp to make up for the lack of tension from the low E, regardless of how "no" your "tremel" is.

I have personally never tried the D-tuna, but I really really think you're better off having a separate drop-tuning guitar.
If this isn't possible, just make sure you are okay with the tuning and intonation issues you'll get with the method you describe.
Quote by Shor
To be honest, this will never be that great..
Whenever you go to drop D all the other strings will go a bit sharp to make up for the lack of tension from the low E, regardless of how "no" your "tremel" is.

I have personally never tried the D-tuna, but I really really think you're better off having a separate drop-tuning guitar.
If this isn't possible, just make sure you are okay with the tuning and intonation issues you'll get with the method you describe.

This. IMHO, tremelno is a scam--mainly stiffens up the trem, making it useless, and only mitigating the undesired effects of the floating trem to the extent that it restricts floating. Might as well just block the trem--and then you only have really expensive locking tuners.

Remember, even with a stop tail or a fully blocked trem, you still have to tune the other strings or they'll be a couple of cents or more off due to the difference in neck tension.

The other problem with the d-tuna is you might have to route the body to fit it in, and it will restrict the trem to dives (won't be able to pull up, or increase pitch whith the whammy anymore).

Might as well just block the bridge until you can afford other Floyd Rose guitar. I know--I have 3 Floyd guitars.
Neither of those options will give you full use of the trem. With a tremel-no the trem is completely immobile, and with the D-tuna you have to block the trem for push-down only, since they were designed to be used with non-recessed floyds.

Also, I'm fairly certain the DKMG comes with a low profile trem, the D tunas only work with the high-profiles.

The easiest way would be to just make the adjustment, it's very small and after you do it a few times you can pretty much do it without checking. Try adjusting it perfectly, and then take a sharpie and mark the screws where they meet the body, so next time you can just screw to the mark without having to keep checking.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
cant you theoretically just tune the bridge with the fine tuner for the low E tightened all the way, then loosen it to get to drop D?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
cant you theoretically just tune the bridge with the fine tuner for the low E tightened all the way, then loosen it to get to drop D?

Even if you're able to get a full step out of the fine tuner, there's still going to be the difference in tension that there would be if you used the normal tuners to de-tune it. The reason you can tune with the fine tuners and it not mess with the tension is because the changes are so small, only mere cents. But if you were to drop it a whole step, it would go out of tune.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29

Even if you're able to get a full step out of the fine tuner, there's still going to be the difference in tension that there would be if you used the normal tuners to de-tune it. The reason you can tune with the fine tuners and it not mess with the tension is because the changes are so small, only mere cents. But if you were to drop it a whole step, it would go out of tune.

Well then what is the exact process to drop tuning with a Floyd rose?
Quote by Yagushgi
It should be legal to kill each other. That'd put an end to debates and forums like this AND help with population control.
Quote by Vincent745
stfu you stupid ass cracker. go eat some chocolate ass cream.

Quote by RockGuitar92
Quote by CarlShahuesa
Well then what is the exact process to drop tuning with a Floyd rose?

Look on youtube, I'm sure thers atutorial. Once you understand the theory being the tremolo its a sinch.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
To retune a Floyd properly you need to do quite a bit. As others have said, once one string changes tuning, all the other strings are affected so they will need to be redone. Once that is completed (unless you block the trem system, in which case what's the point in having one) the bridge will be sitting at the wrong angle so spring tension may need to be adjusted to compensate. To save yourself a lot of hassle it's best, if you have a guitar with a Floyd, to simply accept that it's stuck in one tuning and use a second guitar for alternative tunings. I use a guitar with a Floyd as my main guitar and a guitar with a vintage style trem as my backup. The backup is tuned to my alternative tuning so it's ready to use and unlike the Floyd, can be easily and quickly retuned if I need it to step up for the whole gig. I think that when you have a guitar with a Floyd, you realistically need a backup guitar anyway because if a string snaps you're screwed in the middle of a gig.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Now I understand why non-recessed floyds are cool!
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
Don't listen to these guys- tuning from E standard to drop D won't do much to your tuning. You may need to change the tuning a little bit mostly on your G string, but not by much.

You'll never be able to quickly and easily change the tuning on a full-floating tremolo, though. If you're playing onstage or something, get a guitar without a tremolo or block the trem if you really need to use different tunings.
Changing tunings on any Floyd Rose system is always a headache. Even messing from standard to Drop D would need some adjustments to the other strings, but would not take too long. Try changing string gauges on a Floyd Rose, especially if you need to put an extra spring in the back... that will make you pull out your hair!!!