Poll: Are you happy Osama is dead?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you happy Osama is dead?
YES!
58 21%
NO!
23 8%
YES. But I'm worried of a retaliation attack.
63 23%
I don't really care.
127 47%
Voters: 271.
Page 1 of 2
Obama killed him with his own hands.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
That red and yellow don't go good together.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Yes, I think it's good. I read an article today saying that the US have been looking through his computers and stuff, apparently he'd been a lot more active in the planning side of things than we all thought.
The special forces team who shot Bin Laden in the early hours of Monday took away a mass of digital information on computers, hard drives and storage discs, as well as paper documents. An initial trawl through the files indicate Bin Laden was not a mere figurehead for the militant group but remained closely involved in nuts-and-bolts planning, according to various US reports.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at May 6, 2011,
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Yes, I think it's good. I read an article today saying that the US have been looking through his computers and stuff, apparently he'd been a lot more active in the planning side of things than we all thought.

I wouldn't trust anything they say, to be honest.
I'm sure it would have been possible to just arrest him instead of shooting two bullets in his head. I can't understand why americans think that it's right to kill someone else for justice. Noone has the RIGHT to kill someone else. Doesn't matter what he/she has done before...
C4C?

Take a look at my profile!
I read this as Obama bin Pollin', as in polls are looking good for Obama.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Quote by catempire
I read this as Obama bin Pollin', as in polls are looking good for Obama.

Well that is the case after Osama's death I guess.

OT: Yes, but retaliation can be, much like it's sister karma...a bitch.
you do realize that this is all a setup ?
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Quote by igordubai
DUBAI POWER!! (vitor,ali)!

No man!
Don't give power to dubai!!

Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at May 6, 2011,
I mean, I'm glad he's dead but it honestly doesn't affect me either way. What does piss me off is everyone acting like they're so ****ing patriotic all of a sudden. Everyone used his death as an excuse to go out and act like a bunch of ****ing retards and get retarded drunk. It's really stupid and I think I'm just getting so fed up with everyone feeling as if they need alcohol in order to have a good time.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by LukeGuitar33
What's your personal opinion?

No, because i would have preferred if they took him alive.

He would have been an invaluable source of intel Plus he would have provided alot more information about 911 and pakistan' s role, and sympathetic groups.

Killing him leaves alot of unanswered questions and sparks several crackpot conspiracies.

That said, killing him was the best politically savy move to do. If conservatives wont even allow gitmo people to stand trial what the hell would they do with bin laden?

Plus realistically speaking any trial would have have to happen outside the USA, in a Nuremburg style setup to ensure impartiality. There is no way in hell that the US would have allowed that to happen. Are you kidding?

They wouldnt risk him being acquitted after 10 years of relentless propaganda.
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
no photographic evidence, no video, no body = NO EVIDENCE.. The stupid excuse the US government is giving for not showing photos is because they're afraid it'll provoke [more] terrorist attacks, but we all know it's because they don't have any photos..
Quote by reggaebassman

He would have been an invaluable source of intel Plus he would have provided alot more information about 911 and pakistan' s role, and sympathetic groups.

Killing him leaves alot of unanswered questions and sparks several crackpot conspiracies.

That said, killing him was the best politically savy move to do. If conservatives wont even allow gitmo people to stand trial what the hell would they do with bin laden?

Plus realistically speaking any trial would have have to happen outside the USA, in a Nuremburg style setup to ensure impartiality. There is no way in hell that the US would have allowed that to happen. Are you kidding?

My thoughts exactly, after finding out his location the other two options would have been A) Capture him and give him a trial, but as you explained the results wouldn't have ended any differently.
B) Do nothing, which would be a ****ing stupid decision since this guy is plotting against them.
Quote by one-dead-cop
no photographic evidence, no video, no body = NO EVIDENCE.. The stupid excuse the US government is giving for not showing photos is because they're afraid it'll provoke [more] terrorist attacks, but we all know it's because they don't have any photos..

They've been looking for the guy for a decade. It's not hard to believe they finally tracked him down.

I wouldn't say I'm happy he's dead but I'm not bothered they didn't take him alive. He'd have been executed anyway and damn well deserved it. Somethings aren't forgivable and 9/11 is one of those things.

You do get the feeling there will be some retaliation though.
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
so what if they retaliate? god Conservatives have pussified america big time.

Stop living in fear people.

The thrat to our security will not come from some bearded dude in a funny robe from the desert, but from the man in the suit with the nice smile, thats robbing us blind, increasing the cost of living and leading us to financial ruin.

I.e. stop fearing terrorists, fear the big bankers and the corporation nazis.
Quote by Twist of fate
Quote by one-dead-cop

You're an idiot.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by reggaebassman
so what if they retaliate? god Conservatives have pussified america big time.

Stop living in fear people.

The thrat to our security will not come from some bearded dude in a funny robe from the desert, but from the man in the suit with the nice smile, thats robbing us blind, increasing the cost of living and leading us to financial ruin.

I.e. stop fearing terrorists, fear the big bankers and the corporation nazis.

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by reggaebassman

What makes you think Osama Bin Laden would even give us the time of day? He'd probably top himself before tell us anything.

The "conspiracies" and fear of more attacks would have happened even if he was captured. Even if he was trialed it would have most likely ended in his execution, so why not skip a step and put a bullet in his head now?
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Why would the US government lie about Osama being dead? All it does is piss off terrorists and give us another reason to pull out of the Middle East (killing Osama=one more major goal complete), and the government wouldn't want that.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I dont care really.. But! I would be fun to make a song about him.

Mayby Lyrics about him and the melodi from Spongebob?

'' Who got his head blown off and buried at sea?''
Quote by BeefWellington
What makes you think Osama Bin Laden would even give us the time of day? He'd probably top himself before tell us anything.

The "conspiracies" and fear of more attacks would have happened even if he was captured. Even if he was trialed it would have most likely ended in his execution, so why not skip a step and put a bullet in his head now?

People like Bin Lade are very proud of what they did. If he really was behind the attacks, he would be more than happy to talk and tell exactly why he did what he did.

For them the worse thing is being forgotten or for there actions to go ignored.
Quote by Twist of fate
Quote by Reeen
I'm sure it would have been possible to just arrest him instead of shooting two bullets in his head. I can't understand why americans think that it's right to kill someone else for justice. Noone has the RIGHT to kill someone else. Doesn't matter what he/she has done before...

The real world must be so hard for you...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by reggaebassman
People like Bin Lade are very proud of what they did. If he really was behind the attacks, he would be more than happy to talk and tell exactly why he did what he did.

Pretty sure that A) He's already talked about it, B) He wouldn't be able to offer much info on Al Qaeda today.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Quote by Skynyrd890
The real world must be so hard for you...

Why do people keep saying this? It's on every damn comments forum on every damn news site. Someone has the balls to say they don't think killing an unarmed man is right, and they're shot down by people grumbling something about the "real world". It's so patronising. The Archbishop of Canterbury - (I wouldn't ordinarily give a religious figure the time of day) - thinks it was bad to shoot an unarmed man, and he gets shot down by fellow Christians. Why do they even bother with all the teaching on forgiveness and turning the other cheek when, when it comes down to it, they'll support shooting a guy in the head over a fair trial?

EDIT: There was a guy on the Archbishop story comments page who asked us to "think about all the unarmed people bin Laden killed" (I'm paraphrasing). If this is your reasoning for killing him, how are we better than him? Why, suddenly, is it OK to play by his rules?
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Last edited by McTodd at May 6, 2011,
Quote by catempire
Pretty sure that A) He's already talked about it, B) He wouldn't be able to offer much info on Al Qaeda today.

a) true but he would say more - the attack was about sending a message. If he did do it
b) Maybe, but there is more to this than simply Al Qaeda. Its not inconceivable that he had protection in pakistan and possibly assistance from other groups
Quote by Twist of fate
Quote by McTodd
Why do people keep saying this? It's on every damn comments forum on every damn news site. Someone has the balls to say they don't think killing an unarmed man is right, and they're shot down by people grumbling something about the "real world". It's so patronising. The Archbishop of Canterbury - (I wouldn't ordinarily give a religious figure the time of day) - thinks it was bad to shoot an unarmed man, and he gets shot down by fellow Christians. Why do they even bother with all the teaching on forgiveness and turning the other cheek when, when it comes down to it, they'll support shooting a guy in the head over a fair trial?

I dont think blowing up 2 buildings with unarmed civilians is right either

I see nothing wrong with shooting and killing a criminal like that. Problem is from a strategic standpoint its not the best strategy, if your aim is to get justice and discover the truth
Quote by Twist of fate
Quote by McTodd

EDIT: There was a guy on the Archbishop story comments page who asked us to "think about all the unarmed people bin Laden killed" (I'm paraphrasing). If this is your reasoning for killing him, how are we better than him? Why, suddenly, is it OK to play by his rules?

In bin Laden's own view, he was at war with the US and the entire Western world. If the men on the ground thought he was behaving in a threatening manner, then they were absolutely right in blowing his ass away. You don't screw around in a combat zone brah, simple as that.
Quote by reggaebassman
I dont think blowing up 2 buildings with unarmed civilians is right either

I see nothing wrong with shooting and killing a criminal like that. Problem is from a strategic standpoint its not the best strategy, if your aim is to get justice and discover the truth

As I said/edited in retroactively, I don't think blowing up buildings is right either, but there's no reason to play by his rules. If we want to consider ourselves morally superior to him, we have to follow the proper channels that society has laid down, and that includes 1) not shooting an unarmed man in the head, and 2) giving him a fair trial. If he's going to get the death penalty anyway, you gain every moral credibility by doing things properly.

I do think, however, that all this was taken into account at the time. Killing him was probably the politically easiest option. If, as you're saying, you're aiming for truth and justice, of course take him alive. This clearly wasn't a major concern. They probably didn't want to have to deal with the inevitable scandal of imprisoning him with taxpayer money, sending him to guantanamo and getting him better healthcare than the American public, etc.
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

It's a bit more of a colorful, happy message than I'm going for, but my main point is that death, regardless of who died, doesn't make me happy.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
It's easy to complain about shooting an unarmed man but none of you know the circumstances in which he was shot. He could have been trying to escape or reaching for something.
Quote by reggaebassman

The why isn't what we want, it's what he's going to do next, what he's planning. We know why he does it: He's a terrorist.

Better to just chop the head off the snake and watch it squirm, for want of a better phrase.

Thing is, there will always be another nutter who wants to cause a ruckus.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by McTodd

What's so hard to understand? The man is responsible for the deaths of nearly 3000 innocents. Do you really want to give that man a fair trial? Can you honestly sit there and forgive? It's easy to sit there and say it was barbaric, unfair, or inhumane, but imagine it from the perspective of the citizens of the US, and a person who knows victims of 9/11. He took the lives of people who were as uninvolved as it gets, and in my eyes, he had no human rights left. The piece of shit got what he deserved, and if you think otherwise, you have a very diluted sense of what is right and wrong. I can't speak for the christians, but being hypocritical is what a vast majority of them do.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by blackthought
In bin Laden's own view, he was at war with the US and the entire Western world. If the men on the ground thought he was behaving in a threatening manner, then they were absolutely right in blowing his ass away. You don't screw around in a combat zone brah, simple as that.

We'll probably never know what happened on the ground, what with the many contradictory accounts and such. You seem to think that it was a snap decision, which I admit, is excusable, perhaps even a "good" decision. However, the evidence suggests that the whole mission was intended to kill him all along. If you find the relevant quotes, they seem to say they were training to kill him, they always intended to kill him. They only only reference to taking him alive is a white house rep saying that they were "prepared to" take him alive, which means nothing. I think that is wrong.
Quote by Skynyrd890
What's so hard to understand? The man is responsible for the deaths of nearly 3000 innocents. Do you really want to give that man a fair trial? Can you honestly sit there and forgive?

You don't have to forgive or sympathize with someone in order to give them a fair trial.
Quote by Skynyrd890
He took the lives of people who were as uninvolved as it gets, and in my eyes, he had no human rights left.

Dude, the entire point of human rights is that you can't take them away.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Page 1 of 2