I get the point in combos and separate head/cab setups, but what are the advantages to a mini stack? Is it just kind of an in between area?

Thanks
Gear
ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage Black - Orange Tiny Terror Combo

Tama Superstar Custom Hyperdrive w/ Sabian Cymbals
I think they are just for looks...don't get any hi-end mini stacks I think
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I has a mini half stack.

You cant say it isnt adorable,

Plus its a little more versatile, i plan on keeping the 1x12 and getting a 2x12 for it with some different speakers.
Are you talking about junky Marshall MG mini stacks? Because, those are pretty much useless. Suburban moms love them, thats about it.

On the other hand, if you're referring to a head+112 or 212 cab, its an excellent setup. You get to switch around different combinations, they are a lot easier to transport, and can sound fantastic.
Lol, Iv'e just "got" your question...just realised I myself have a mini stack. A Windsor head and a 2x12 speaker... I guess they just allow more versatility and a smaller speaker cabinet is easier to transport
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If its a good head it's a good thing to get instead of a combo because you can switch cabs if you want...
if its like the mg ministack like said... pointless posery!
Beacuse a Tiny Terror can sound very, very different through a Full stack of 8 speakers, vs the 1 V30 that you usually hear. Its all about performance/recording options.

And it looks BA
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204