Against Alt. Vote
14 16%
I didn't vote
20 22%
I'm not a UK citizen
17 19%
Voters: 89.
Page 1 of 2
Did any of you guys vote yesterday in the polls for the Alt. Vote? I did, first time i've had the chance to vote so I got all excited. Ha.
I voted against it, I think it's a terrible idea.

You guys?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at May 6, 2011,
I'm too young sadly, 3 months away
Have the results come out yet? I can't find anything on the AV results on BBC.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

i voted for A.V, it's not ideal but it brings us one step closer to getting P.R, voting no to A.V buggers that right up
what's the difference between a drug dealer and a prostitute?

a drug dealer can't wash his crack and sell it again
Quote by Trowzaa

I don't think they begin counting until 4pm today. They are doing the local elections first.

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13280105
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Last edited by esther_mouse at May 6, 2011,
Quote by esther_mouse
I don't think they begin counting until 4pm today. They are doing the local elections first.

Ahh fair enough, cheers.
Speaking of local elections, Lib Dems got dicked on.

Quote by Trowzaa
Ahh fair enough, cheers.
Speaking of local elections, Lib Dems got dicked on.

Yeah :/ I voted Lib Dems for local, actually, simply because they are the best for running my area. Don't think the results for here have come through yet, but it'll be Tories, it usually is

I'm mostly interested in the results of AV. I voted yes.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Totally dicked on.

Strange in Scotland how almost all the lost Lib Dem vote went to the SNP. Guy on the radio just said that Lib Dems are now almost non-existent up there.
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Quote by Kumanji
I want to piss off the Liberals to hasten the demise of the government.

A mature and constructive approach to politics if I ever saw one.
Quote by Cloaca
A mature and constructive approach to politics if I ever saw one.

I want to use my ballot as a political weapon, as an expression of my democratic right to a government which represents my interests and the interests of the vast majority of the population.
Quote by Kumanji
I want to use my ballot as a political weapon, as an expression of my democratic right to a government which represents my interests and the interests of the vast majority of the population.

By acting like a vindictive schoolboy? Pissing off the Liberals? Get off your horse.
Quote by Cloaca
By acting like a vindictive schoolboy? Pissing off the Liberals? Get off your horse.

Would you rather I said 'creating discontent amongst Liberal party members so as to precipitate an internal political crisis with the result of a serious reconsideration of their political position vis-á-vis their governmental coalition with the Conservative Party'?
Quote by Kumanji
Would you rather I said 'creating discontent amongst Liberal party members so as to precipitate an internal political crisis with the result of a serious reconsideration of their political position vis-á-vis their governmental coalition with the Conservative Party'?

No, I'd rather you grew some pubes and stopped trying to have your cake and eat it. Claiming to have everyone's best interests at heart and inhabiting the moral high ground while spouting drivel about how evil the capitalists are isn't exactly compatible with hurr im bein a vagely dirty playa cos libruls n torys hate it dribble.

Keep it up. You'll be up there in Rotten Boroughs in the Eye by the end of the decade.
Last edited by Cloaca at May 6, 2011,
Quote by Kumanji
And I helped in that demise

Good man

Quote by Cloaca
No, I'd rather you grew some pubes and stopped trying to have your cake and eat it. Claiming to have everyone's best interests and inhabiting the moral high ground isn't exactly compatible with hurr im bein a vagely dirty playa cos libruls n torys hate it dribble.

Nice. Real nice argument there.
Quote by Kumanji
Nice. Real nice argument there.

Playing dirty. Real nice way to bully your way through life. Your being well-intentioned doesn't wipe your slate clean of juvenile plotting and silly politicking.
I'm not a UK citizen, but it seems better than the system currently in place. I didn't like it a first but someone explained it to me more thoroughly and now I don't understand all the hate.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by Cloaca
Playing dirty. Real nice way to bully your way through life. Your being well-intentioned doesn't wipe your slate clean of silly politicking.

He has political aspirations himself, are you surprised?

I voted yes.
Quote by Cloaca
Playing dirty. Real nice way to bully your way through life. Your being well-intentioned doesn't wipe your slate clean of juvenile plotting and silly politicking.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
He has political aspirations himself, are you surprised?

I voted yes.

I don't have a political aspirations. I want to make a difference to people's lives, not be a politician
Quote by Kumanji

Are you a bit of a simpleton or something? Is it genuinely inconceivable to you that my views are genuine?

Quote by Kumanji
I don't have a political aspirations. I want to make a difference to people's lives, not be a politicians

Many more people than you might expect started out that way. Worked out well, innit?
I voted a big, fat, sweaty NO because I think AV is stoopid.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Nope, didn't vote.

I was going to, but then I figured I was just going to spoil my vote anyway. I got so into the last Government election and ended up so bitter about the whole thing, I've decided to opt out of voting (whilst not moaning about anything of course; wouldn't want to be a hypocrite) and live as a hermit in the wild.

Sort of...
We actually practice the propotional system here in Norway and it works. In my opinion, it sounds rather good for a democracy when the composition of the parliament corresponds to the share of votes.

It will not look good for the Tories though with any kind of reform, be it A.V. or propotional.
Quote by GisleAune
It will not look good for the Tories though with any kind of reform, be it A.V. or propotional.

You're right that AV would be terrible for the Tories but PR would not be so bad for them. It would probably be worse for Labour.
Quote by GisleAune
We actually practice the propotional system here in Norway and it works. In my opinion, it sounds rather good for a democracy when the composition of the parliament corresponds to the share of votes.

Absolutely, I want PR, not AV. Voting for AV is going to saddle us with a worse political system for a looong time, you can be sure there will be no mention of reform again any time soon.
Voted yes.

Also fairly disappointed in the result in the Scottish elections seeing as I'm going to have to spend another 4 years watching Salmond spout his overly patriotic horseshit and his various saltaire covered ties. Though I guess that's what happens when you get a choice of who's the least worst rather than who's the best in an election.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Didn't bother voting. Don't really have a strong opinion either way.
Quote by Cloaca
Are you a bit of a simpleton or something?

Careful - harassment can get you a warning.
Speaking as a rather uninformed Amerikaner, I have to say that this whole AV issue has resulted in quite the clusterfuck.
Quote by L2112Lif
Genuine troll is genuine.

Repetition makes the heart grow fonder grow fonder fonder.

Quote by Kumanji
Absolutely, I want PR, not AV. Voting for AV is going to saddle us with a worse political system for a looong time, you can be sure there will be no mention of reform again any time soon.

Whereas rejecting AV is about to lead us into the land of milk, honey and the reforms you want.

Quote by blue_strat
Careful - harassment can get you a warning.

I'm honestly baffled that stating a contrary position gets the troll paranoia kicking off. I associate it with stubbornness and/or bad faith, so I'm sticking with what I said.
Last edited by Cloaca at May 6, 2011,
Quote by Kumanji

It's a genius move by the Tories to offer reform that nobody wants.
AV loses - "The People have voted, and they said no to reform."
AV wins - "You've got reform, so that's not an issue anymore."

They totally split the reform voters, with their magnificent-bastardery.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Can we just stop the madness?!?!?!

Quote by Trowzaa

The result of the referendum will be released at 8pm.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Page 1 of 2