Hey guys, i've just ordered a new combo today for practice and small gigs...... a Peavey 6505 plus 112.... \m/

I'm in the process of upgrading my amp setup as my band have stepped up of late and we are recording our debut album in a few weeks and have some big gigs etc, so i'll be getting a new head and cab in a few weeks.... but for now, i've got the Peavey for practice and smaller gigs!

I got the amp on a great deal as well, coz i wasn't actually looking at spending the money that the peavey retails at but i managed to get a great online deal!

anyway, hopefully it'll be with me tomorrow or monday..... i'll post a first impressions review when i get it!

anyone on here have experience with this amp, and any simple mods, like tube changes that are considered the 'done thing'?.... i seem to remember something about switching the preamp tubes to improve the cleans slightly?.... not a major deal as i play mainly high gain, chugging rhythm stuff!

Chapman ML2 x 2
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epi Les Paul Custom (EMG 81/85)
ESP Ltd EC-256 (SH4jb/SH2n)
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Squier Classic Vibes 50's Tele
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
A speaker swap would make a nice improvement. The Peavey speakers it comes with are nothing special.
Plug it into a Mesa recto cabinet.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Plug it into a Mesa recto cabinet.

ironically, thats what i'm after for my stack later this year, Mesa Dual Rec / Roadster plus cab!

Chapman ML2 x 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
nah plug it into a emperor cab :P
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
If that amp can plug into a cab then for bigger gigs just get a 4x12 and you save a bunch of cash. and congrats on the 6505. I'd like one of those...if I wasn't playing bass :P
Quote by jumpaside
If that amp can plug into a cab then for bigger gigs just get a 4x12 and you save a bunch of cash. and congrats on the 6505. I'd like one of those...if I wasn't playing bass :P

yeah, i haven't ruled that out as yet, to be fair! I'm getting hold of a 1960 off a mate in the next few weeks so i'll see how that sounds!

Chapman ML2 x 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112