Here's the deal.

At work, this one guy always turns up late, when he finally does turn up, he does no work at all. When he's on the till, he'll put his music on really loud so I can hardly hear the customers, he comes in drunk/ baked quite often. He answers his phone on the till while serving a customer, telling them to wait. 4/5 times he is late for work by at least an hour.

BUT, he's also one of my close friends. Or was. He's being quite a dick over the past few months.

Now, I'm fed up of having loads of work to do because he can't be arsed to turn up or do any at all. I've been called in to cover him several times because he's ill from drinking the previous night.

You woulda thought that the boss/ management would have done something by now. Nope.

I'm tempted to take this to someone who has more power and actually get something done because it drops everyone in the shit most days.

As a friend, I don't want to see him out of a job, but he's making everyone else's jobs much more difficult than they need to be.

Do you think it'll be unfair to actually get him disciplined in some way?
I'm surprised he hasn't been fired already. He's paid to do a job, not fuck around while other do it for him.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Tell them as soon as possible. He's not being paid to dick around and he's obviously making work harder for other employees.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

If he doesn't want a job then he should go. I'm sure there are loads of people who want a job and would work hard.
Well you should talk to him about it. If he were in my work place he would have been fired already. I guess your work place is very lenient if that's the case.

Just talk to him about his behavior and if he still dicks around just file a complaint to your boss or something. It's work. You're paid to do work, not dick around

Just my thoughts
I once had a friend like that, who didn't do shit.
US Navy Seals shot him in the head.
Go to management quietly and tell them. Ask them not to say it was you.
If this idiot bitches about being fired then sympathise with him, because you are his friend. Apparently
I'd want him fired to be fair. Making your job harder, and everyone elses.
Maybe tell him that you think the management are keeping an eye on him and he should stop being so lazy? He might improve.
If he's making your job harder, you probably should do something about it
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
I'm surprised at the replies. Cheers guys.

He's been "warned" so many times. Even he's said on numerous occasions he doesn't know how he's still working there.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I'm surprised at the replies. Cheers guys.

He's been "warned" so many times. Even he's said on numerous occasions he doesn't know how he's still working there.

Maybe he's trying to get fired on purpose?
Quote by gothblade
Maybe he's trying to get fired on purpose?

No chance. He drives and needs money for petrol/ insurance. He's just lazy as hell.

Like someone else said, there are so many people that need a job and wouldn't waste it like he is. He's going to find it so hard to find another job if he gets the sack. I'm sure our place won't give him a reference. I sure as hell wouldn't.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
No chance. He drives and needs money for petrol/ insurance. He's just lazy as hell.

Like someone else said, there are so many people that need a job and wouldn't waste it like he is. He's going to find it so hard to find another job if he gets the sack. I'm sure our place won't give him a reference. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Well that's his own fault for being such an arsehole. You go to work to work, not be a bell end.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Tell him if he doesn't get his act together you'll have to tell someone in charge. And if he still doesn't sort it out go to the boss with a clear conscience. He had the chance himself to sort it out and he didn't.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
well, it seems like there's a few things going on: either 1) he's good friends with someone high up in the company or 2) related to said person or 3) his job is not vital to the company or 4) becuase others, like yourself, keep doing his work, there is no motivation to get rid of him. I could probably think of other possibilities. If I were you, next time the call you to cover for him, I'd say no. Unless yo get paid some serious OT. Until the bosses feel the effects of his actions, I doubt anything will change. just my opinion...
**** a warning, just go to the management. In this economy it's totally unfair that lazy bums like your friend have jobs while there are people out there willing to work very hard instead of rely on their co-workers to cover for their ineptitude.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
He'll get fired soon, but I suggest that you make clear to him that he is f*cking up his life.
He needs fired. There are people who need a job for real expenses, and not just for their weed and beer budgets.