Long time drummer here. Just picked up my first guitar a few weeks ago. It's a deep red Washburn WI-64. It's a beautiful guitar, and although it's not high end, it seems pretty darn good for a first timer like me.

Anyway, is there anything I can use to practice chords with my left hand while I'm sitting at my desk at work? I'm not always busy at work, and it seems like such a waste to have so much time where my fingers can be developing some muscle memory.

Drummers can move their hands and feet to practice synchronization and beats wherever they are, but obviously playing air guitar is completely futile in terms of getting better.

Does such a device exist?
for chord shapes your right arm can make a handy guitar neck - especially with some lines drawn on. Expect some random questions if you have a fretboard draw on your arm though ...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
for chord shapes your right arm can make a handy guitar neck - especially with some lines drawn on. Expect some random questions if you have a fretboard draw on your arm though ...

You should do a custom inlay as well on your arm-fretboard. It helps with the practice.. Lol I know they make practice necks that are basically a neck. Not sure how lenient your work is though to be bring stuff like that to work.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Well, sounds like I'm out of luck then! Thanks, guys, but I tried the whole right arm thing, and it just felt awkward having my right shoulder in such a twisted, stretched position. And I'm definitely getting some weird looks by coworkers, so the whole "drawing lines on my arm" thing is probably not going to happen.
work your way to executive. than no one will care about the halfstack rig in your office.
you could always get one of the seperated finger excersisers. if you are just trying to get muscle memorization down. Plus they work finger strength