i got em am bm

thats my start. can i change the bm to a bm7? or any other adding notes? as long as it em am bm?

My techniqwues is tention and release for each chord.

Em scale tention , release for 4 bars

am same thing

till the turnaround
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
It does depend on the style of blues your giong for a 12 bar blues will usually go

Em 16 beats or 4 bars
Am 8 beats or 2 bars
Em 8 beats or 2 bars

Bm 4 beats 1 bar
Am 4 beats or 1 bar
Em 8 beats or 2 bars

Thats the 12 bar progression, if you want to experiment with tension and release try using all dominant chords instead of minor, its a very popular bluesy thing to do!
they should be 7th chords, not minor chords. the minor third over the dominant chord is what gives the blues its sound.
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
No i do mean Dominant 7th.

Dominant chords in Blues & also Jazz are used to free up a soloist to add any number of extensions, lots of fusion players use this method to play outside the usual key.

A minor blues can use minor and Minor 7th chords, the result is a minor sounding blues
A dominant Blues works a lot and is the mainstay of traditional blues players
A Major will have a major blues sound but you will not be able to use the minor pentatonic, it would sound a bit out, you would need to use the major pentatonic
a dom 7 is a7 correct? so it be a7bm7 cm7 d7 e7 fm7 g7?

then do am pent , arpeggios over that? how do i add minor and major licks combined in it?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at May 6, 2011,
Yeh A Dom is usually written A7

For a Blues Progression you would do

E7 16 beats or 4 bars
A7 8 beats or 2 bars
E7 8 beats or 2 bars

B7 4 beats 1 bar
A7 4 beats or 1 bar
E7 8 beats or 2 bars

Im not sure what you want to do, but the above is a 12 bar blues using dominant chords. If i were to improvise over this i would use a mixture of pentatonic/arpeggios and blues scales but play the chord progression and see what you hear
i like albert king and of course jimi style. I love who knows and power to love riffs and i wanna make my own but not copy him Like some low notes then high ones to go with it.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Hendrix Technique is something i would need to show you rather than describe, I will be doing a lesson on it in the next few weeks, click the link in the signature below and i'll email you when it comes out.
Quote by silly6-string
whats the technique behind jimi and what notes he uses with progressions
Standard blues stuff really. Minor pentatonic over I(7) IV(7) V(7) at its very simplest. It really has more to do with the phrasing and what not.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea