What I'm after is variety. My search started with things like the Peavy Vypyr 30, because it had built-in modelling, so i could play with a lot of different sounds.

Then my dad gave me a KXR 100 Keyboard amp. This thing sounds pretty good with my Big Muff (better than the 12" marshall amp i'm borrowing right now), so i figured that if i got a Pod 2.0 or something, it would probably sound better than a Peavy Vypyr 30, but would still give me the diversity i want.

THEN i found out there was shit like the Floor POD, which sounds even cooler.

The last thing i looked at was the HD300, which is like 330 new (ouch), but would this thing be worth it? Looks sexy as hell, and has TONS of built in stuff (a looper would be so much fun).

What would you guys recommend? the HD300 is obviously at the very tip top of my budget for this (considering i'd started out looking in the $150 range).

Pointers would be great, as this will be the first piece of guitar gear i buy (minus my $200 guitar lol)

Thanks!!
Last edited by Chockomonkey at May 6, 2011,
I've only had good things happen from my line6 gear. I have a Lowdown, FBV express and a pocket POD. For what you'd probably want is the floor pod UNLESS you want to have like one sound for a while then push some buttons when you play the next song (looks like something I wouldn't want todo for a gig. Thats why pod stays at home)
Quote by Chockomonkey
I'm going through your review---thanks. The picture are dead though, so let me ask: what amp were you reviewing it on?

Are they?

I didnt use an amp, all the recordings were done straight into my PC recorded using reaper,

i did use my stereo for monitoring

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
It should work good with a keyboard amp TS.

Don't expect it to work in a band though keyboard amps arent very good for cut with guitars but for playing on your own it should give you some nice tones.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at May 6, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus
It should work good with a keyboard amp TS.

Don't expect it to work in a band though keyboard amps arent very good for cut with guitars but for playing on your own it should give you some nice tones.

what's a TS?

I've only been playing for a few years, so band playing is not even on my mind.

Also, could you explain what you mean when you say "aren't very good for cut with guitars"?
TS = threadstarter

What i'm saying is that from personal experience a modeller such as the pod hd into a keyboard amp can sound good when your playing on your own but when you play in a band situation you'll have difficulty getting heard .
Quote by coolstoryangus
TS = threadstarter

What i'm saying is that from personal experience a modeller such as the pod hd into a keyboard amp can sound good when your playing on your own but when you play in a band situation you'll have difficulty getting heard .

Ahah! Thanks, used to original poster terminology

So from the sounds of it, i'll be pretty pleased with a floor pod into this keyboard amp.

But I may jizz in my pants if i get the HD300 and plug it into this keyboard amp.

Pretty pleased or crotch rocket?
When you play with a band put it through the PA, thats what I have planned, though Angus is right, keyboard amps arent middy enough to compete with real amps.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
When you play with a band put it through the PA, thats what I have planned, though Angus is right, keyboard amps arent middy enough to compete with real amps.

but i do need to make certain, that when they aren't competing they're a-okay right?
Last edited by Chockomonkey at May 6, 2011,