i've been looking for a halfstack and came across these two amps. does anyone know if the blackstar is loud enough for small to medium gigs and which is better sound quality
I used to own a VK100.

You couldn't pay me to buy either of them now.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I would take the blackstar, but thats like taking a kick in the face over a kick in the nuts.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I would take the blackstar, but thats like taking a kick in the face over a kick in the nuts.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
what's your budget? are you in wales?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by coolstoryangus
See 311s sticky threadstarter.

WE CAN FIND YOU BETTER.

This is just a tad over and brand new! boost will get you there

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_amps_detail.asp?stock=10051416141058

This is a tad over but ones can be had for quite a bit less on ebay!

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/preowned_amps_detail.asp?stock=px-NE15JE993

Ebay is abit dry today haa

Vypyr tube heads can be had for under 500 usually...

If you hunt around you could probably pick up a peavey triple xxx/ultra which will have djent in spades.
I'm intrigued by the vypyr tube, i normally don't like modelling amps (but that probably just cos of the line 6 spider) it sounds pretty nice
This thread needs more Bugera. A 333XL or a 6262 would be perfect for you. Both have got awesome high gain tone and awesome cleans. Not to mention you'd be left with like £200 or so, although if you can spare the extra £50 or so for the screamer, do it.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by funkyadhesive
I'm intrigued by the vypyr tube, i normally don't like modelling amps (but that probably just cos of the line 6 spider) it sounds pretty nice

Yes it does seem to be pretty good for a modelelr and theres a few followers of it on here and you CAN get the head for your budget.
Quote by coolstoryangus
This is just a tad over and brand new! boost will get you there

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_amps_detail.asp?stock=10051416141058

This is a tad over but ones can be had for quite a bit less on ebay!

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/preowned_amps_detail.asp?stock=px-NE15JE993

i haven't tried the jet city but i'm guessing it'd work. screamer would be a good call too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'd take a used Peavey ultra+ over these amps
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Yeah they're pretty uncommon although cheap as chips when they do show up (I paid 200 for mine)

Marshall MA suck, avoid.
Its available on ebay for 400$
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by Twistedrock
This thread needs more Bugera. A 333XL or a 6262 would be perfect for you. Both have got awesome high gain tone and awesome cleans. Not to mention you'd be left with like £200 or so, although if you can spare the extra £50 or so for the screamer, do it.

I considered getting a bugera but i've heard bad things about their reliability.
Quote by funkyadhesive
I considered getting a bugera but i've heard bad things about their reliability.

Kinda true.

Bugera's haven't had a single reliability problem since 08

(If any of the Bugera Users Milita guys can correct me that's great!)
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Kinda true.

Bugera's haven't had a single reliability problem since 08

(If any of the Bugera Users Milita guys can correct me that's great!)

I know for a fact thats bullshit

The clip problem that makes them set on fire has been fixed but thats about it there is still many other things that can go wrong with bugeras.
Quote by coolstoryangus
I know for a fact thats bullshit

The clip problem that makes them set on fire has been fixed but thats about it there is still many other things that can go wrong with bugeras.

Really? I knew the clip had been fixed.

I wasn't sure, thanks for correcting me!

Least the Bugera's don't come with that Fire Extinguisher nowadays.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at May 8, 2011,
Basically they still are cheaply made so they are more likely to have problems then most other amps.
although, i like the idea for the new bugera infiniums, might sort out a few reliability issues
Good idea.

Quote by funkyadhesive
although, i like the idea for the new bugera infiniums, might sort out a few reliability issues

or more likely, be the source of a shit load more.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb