I have an acoustic guitar that's at least 15 years old. This guitar has some sentimental value to me so I don't want to buy a new guitar. The problem is that the tuning pegs keep popping out of the screw holes in the wood, disabling me from tuning the strings up past a certain pitch... does anyone know of any easy ways to fix this?
Does it occur at any given time or just when you're changing strings?
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
you need to replace the tuners or pay someone professional to replace them.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by ShoeLace1291
I have an acoustic guitar that's at least 15 years old. This guitar has some sentimental value to me so I don't want to buy a new guitar. The problem is that the tuning pegs keep popping out of the screw holes in the wood, disabling me from tuning the strings up past a certain pitch... does anyone know of any easy ways to fix this?

Show us a picture of the tuners and we can probably tell you what kind they are so you can replace them.
It only happens when I'm tuning the actual strings. If the pitch gets too high I'll here a pop and the peg screws will be out of the holes... i've tried rescrewing them many times but it just keeps happening.
you need to replace the tuners or pay someone professional to replace them.

There's your answer. Patticake is always right. ALWAYS.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
It sounds to me like the threads are stripped, meaning that the wood in the holes has been ground out to the point that it just won't hold the screw in place anymore when tension is applied. There are little tricks that will fill the stripped holes in again, they involve wood glue and sawdust or toothpicks. I haven't performed any of these tricks on my own, but I understand how they work.

If you truly feel comfortable enough to toy around with it yourself, I'm sure you could find a "how to" article or video with a quick search. If you don't feel comfortable enough, then I would follow Patti's advice and have it serviced by a professional. I doubt that it would be a costly repair.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
A professional would drill out all the screw holes with a precision bit, and fill them with hardwood dowels. Then, re-drill the screw holes.
Or, simply drill out the existing holes slightly, and install larger-diameter screws. This might require drilling out the holes in the tuners themselves.
If your guitar has been doing this a lot, chances are the wood around the holes is seriously deteriorated.
One or the other repair should do the trick.