I replacedthe stock pickup of my affinity strat bridge with the stock pickup of an american standard strat both single coils. there was a broken wire from the long lug to the short lug of the input. I am not getting any signal. Could the input jack be broken the selector swith? the pots? How could I wire the pickup straight to the input with no tone or volume control so I can eliminate the problem. Thanks !!!
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
Can you try and have that make a bit more sense please. If you have a multimeter you can put it on impedance and it should give you a buzz when there is a connection. That way you can trace the issue.
firstly, write in proper coherent sentences to explain the problem properly.
secondly, if there's a broken wire, then that's probably the problem...
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Excuse me...I had to get back to work. I replaced the stock bridge pickup from the affinity strat. I replaced it with the stock bridge pickup that came with my American strat assuming that it was a better pickup ($99 guitar vs $999 guitar). Both were single coils. I wired the white wire to the pickup switch and the black wire to the volume pot. A bunch of wires are all connected to the back of the volume pot in one big solder blob. This is how it was. It has been a LONG time since I have used this guitar and I remember something was wrong with the input jack. Sure enough the wire that connects the short lug to the other short lug(the one that runs into the guitar cavity where all the electronics are housed) was disconnected. So I re-soldered it in place. The first time I tried plugging the guitar in I was getting a horrible buzz but when I taped on the pickup pole pieces I would get a thump out of the amp. However, I then noticed that part of the short wire between the two short lugs was touching part of the metal of the input jack(the fender inset input casing for which the input plug rests in). Now I get nothing. I have no multi meter to test it with but will in a few days. So could the input jack be bad? Can I wire the pickup straight to the input, bypassing the selector switch volume and tone controls? From the input jack there is a wire which then splits to a white wire and another piece without insulation. the white wire is solder to one of the terminals of the volume pot. The other piece without insulation is soldered to a blob on the back of the volume pot. In the blob is also a wire that goes through the guitar to where the tremolo claw is and is solder to it. I guess that is ground?
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
Any suggestions? I should probably just try to rewire everything. Is it possible for an input jack to become inoperable?

Excuse me...I had to get back to work.

Sounded kind of Assholish...I hope it didn't come off that way. I was simply apologizing for my incoherent sentences.