Hey guys, I stumbled across what seems like a rad deal to me. Some dudes selling a peavey bandit for 150 bones. I've heard some clips it sounds like it can do thrash, but I'd just like to get some opinions on it. Saving up more money for a better amp is not an option. I need something loud to get over drums and this seems like the only amp I'm gonna get for under 300 that can do that.
Quote by ReynboLightning
Hey guys, I stumbled across what seems like a rad deal to me. Some dudes selling a peavey bandit for 150 bones. I've heard some clips it sounds like it can do thrash, but I'd just like to get some opinions on it. Saving up more money for a better amp is not an option. I need something loud to get over drums and this seems like the only amp I'm gonna get for under 300 that can do that.

I'd go for peavey vypyr. Around 200-300$
The bass player in my band has a Bandit. I wouldn't really recommend it, we only use it as a spare backup amp for whatever amp is unlucky enough to not function properly. But then again, maybe his just sucks.
Haha ok but this is only a TEMPORARY amp. all I have for band practice is a marshall mg 10 >.> My other guitar player uses a vypyr 60 watt......I personally hate digital amps for MANY reasons so I am not interested in pushing my spending limit for an amp I already know I dislike. Any other Recs?
The Bandit is a pretty good amp. I think it should do that you want, and you can also add pedals to shape the tone. There are many models over the years but if it's in good shape then $150 might be a reasonable price.
You can get these for under 100 bucks often. Just saying. I'd rather play it clean and use a dirt pedal, but the onboard distortion is workable. Not great, but for a temporary practice amp, it's fine.

And a Vypyr sounds better. Way better.
The only good Bandit I know of is the one that Craig gutted and built a valve amp inside of.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Allright well was looking for some other deals and found a few. Cheked out some clips of the bandit and wasn't satisfied with the metal tones it pushed out.

I was looknig at the vox valvetronix....heard a few clips and it sounded nice and only 200$ for a 50watt sounded like a good deal.

Some dudes also selling a marshal mg50dfx for 120$(it has some issues; apparently it can not work sometimes.....)

Another vox. This time a Vt30...will this get over drums?

A marshall mosfet 100 for 200$. Sounded like more of a rock amp to me?

and last but not least a Behringer Gx212 Ultratwin for 250ish. This one was my favorite from clips I've listened to.

I know theres lots of options at this point(I literally scanned all of my local classifieds :p) I don't have money to spend on gear to often sadly so I MUST 100% make sure I can stand the amp I'm buying haha.

Sooo Outta these, oh wise people of GG&A, Would you jump on? It just needs to be loud and thrash!
get the valvetronix
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II