I had a problem with one once nearly dropped my LP. Granted it is a heavy guitar. I will never buy one again. I use black leather ones just for their strength. I have a few woven cloth ones too.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Doesn't contribute anything but I think those look quite stupid.
Oi! Me dog Sally needs to drop:

|-4---|
|-5---|
just get the generic schallers. they're easy to install, secure and you can run a normal strap on them
On my G3 live in denver dvd, yngwie spins his guitar around his body like a hoola-hoop a couple times and its held up..

I find these clips fine, but I think they've caused a couple chips in my guitar
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Picksqueal72
I had a problem with one once nearly dropped my LP. Granted it is a heavy guitar. I will never buy one again. I use black leather ones just for their strength. I have a few woven cloth ones too.

i was gonna say, i think it'd be fine if you're using a very light guitar, but i wouldn't trust one to take the weight of a les paul

i find those cheap plastic dunlop straplocks do the job well enough for me.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
They are very strong clips, they'll hold any guitar you put the strap on without any problems. If you aren't convinced, they do make one with metal clips, and a leather strap, which is a little more comfortable.
I love them myself. I got them on my Gibson LP Classic Premium+ (it's lighter than a normal LP though) and on my Ibanez BTB bass and I have never had any problems so far (jinx!).
I use a £5 guitar strap of whatever rucksack straps are made of and Jim Dunlop strap locks. Never ever had a problem