Went to change strings. Guess what see?
I see a spanking new 6505 being delivered.
Got a go at it.
My mind is officially blown.

Searched around. The 112 is retailing for USD1.2K.
Slap bang in budget.

Anything I should know?
Does the 112 have a separate EQ for each channel?
And does it have channel switching relays?
Quote by gregs1020
you played it but don't know if it has independent eqs?

i'm confused.

+1
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by coolstoryangus
The 1x12 combo isnt going to be as good as the heads full stop for what its worth..

I cant afford a head+cab
Quote by gregs1020
ok i follow you now.

yes it has independent eqs.

Perfect
And channel switching relays?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
I cant afford a head+cab

Perfect
And channel switching relays?

the channels are footswitchable if that's what you mean.
Quote by coolstoryangus
The 1x12 combo isnt going to be as good as the heads full stop for what its worth..

This... you'll probably be disappointed by it. It's a far cry from a 6505 head. Not just the obvious quality difference... it's a different amp almost. Slightly different voicing - the 6505+ isn't as aggressive. To me, it sounds more... modern/compressed, while the 6505 is more just straight up brutal.

The + is a lot more versatile though, which is nice.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by GS LEAD 5
I cant afford a head+cab

Just don't expect it to sound as good as the head. To many the regular 6505 is the best of the bunch as far as high gain goes even compared to the 6505+ heads. Not a MASSIVE difference when it comes to the head but going down to the combo wont compare to a 6505 head in any way.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at May 6, 2011,
Quote by Offworld92
This... you'll probably be disappointed by it. It's a far cry from a 6505 head. Not just the obvious quality difference... it's a different amp almost. Slightly different voicing - the 6505+ isn't as aggressive. To me, it sounds more... modern/compressed, while the 6505 is more just straight up brutal.

The + is a lot more versatile though, which is nice.
Looking back at the amps, I would have to agree with this.
Quote by gregs1020
the channels are footswitchable if that's what you mean.

I mean, can you use something like a G Major to change channels? Its got a thing (not MIDI) that plugs into the amp and changes channels.

I can tolerate a bit of laid backness. I'll still try it before buying, and I guess it its too big I'll have to save up a bit more
idk where you heard its retailing for 1.2k$ here thats probably as much as the 6505+ head or 6505 212/stack id have to check but there all withen about 1200-1600$

thats like 600$ amp here cause its chinese crap even if peavey makes it i rather get a 6262 over there new 112 for the price
Quote by effyeahjade
idk where you heard its retailing for 1.2k$ here thats probably as much as the 6505+ head or 6505 212/stack id have to check but there all withen about 1200-1600$

thats like 600$ amp here cause its chinese crap even if peavey makes it i rather get a 6262 over there new 112 for the price

This is India bub. It's INR 63K. Which is just north of USD1.2K.
The non plus head is 1K.
Try the 112, that's all I've got to say. I was only able to play the head version of the 6505+ before buying my 6505+ 112, and I'm still happy with my purchase. In fact, I just replaced my bridge pickup with a Dmarz Dsonic and it's now even more brutal.

So I guess what I'm saying is, it might not sound as good as the head version, but it sounds pretty damn good. I don't think a more br00t 112 amp exists...

And the cleans aren't as bad as everyone says. And furthermore, I haven't noticed a "crappy" build quality yet - thing is solid. It's a damn fine amp for the money...
^I do intend to try it out.
Mind you, I found the 6505 awesome with a shitty Laney LX cab with Rocket 50's.....
I guess I'll jsut swap the speaker for something like a V30 later.

EDIT: Wait a second.
Eminence Tonkerlites retail for USD100. And is rated at 125W.

I have an idea.
Get a local carpenter to build a 112 cab and stick one of these in it? I can easily transport a head and a 112. The 6505+ head is just within what dad will pay, and I can pay for the speaker from the limited part of my account my parents let me use.
Good idea or bad? I've heard the Tonker is like a V30.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at May 6, 2011,
i still think it would bet better to at least get the real 212 instead of peaveys chinese clone of themselves

your new idea sounds a lot better
Last edited by effyeahjade at May 6, 2011,
It'll probably look weird, as the head will be wider than a 1x12 cab, but if that doesn't matter to you, I'd say go for it.

I care a lot about aesthetics, so personally I would get a 2x12 cab, and put the one speaker in it, so at least it looks proper. Then when you can afford to, put in another speaker.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
It'll probably look weird, as the head will be wider than a 1x12 cab, but if that doesn't matter to you, I'd say go for it.

I care a lot about aesthetics, so personally I would get a 2x12 cab, and put the one speaker in it, so at least it looks proper. Then when you can afford to, put in another speaker.

I am tempted to do that, especially since theres a company based here itself that makes unloaded cabs. I'll just order an unloaded 212 and fit one speaker in.
All right minds made up.

Wait a couple of weeks for the NGD
Where did you saw the 6505 head in kolkata??
and btw cec makes a cable that can switch channels on a 6505+
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
make sure that one speaker can handle the wattage. speaker breakup isnt so ideal for modern metal
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Roland Tolly. Friend went to check out the POD's. Bought a pack of strings along the way.

i love how everything that happens on this forum is now a result of 'going to buy some strings'

or the exact opposite

some shit happened 'so i bought some strings and left'
Quote by dementiacaptain
make sure that one speaker can handle the wattage. speaker breakup isnt so ideal for modern metal

The Tonkerlite's rated at 125W, so I suppose a 120W head should be safe......its never gonna be pushed beyinf 5 or 6 on volume so unless Im missing something?
I like the idea of the TL since from what Ive read, it pushes the lower mids a lot and doesnt have the slightly harsh treble of the V30. Seems ideal for a 6505.