Page 1 of 3
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2011/05/06/3207889.htm
Extremely speculative and unverifiable but still interesting to think about.

An intriguing new hypothesis suggests some black holes could have formed before the formation of our universe. The work by Professor Bernard Carr from Queen Mary University in London and Professor Alan Coley from Canada's Dalhousie University, examines a cosmology in which the universe goes through cycles of birth and death.
According to their work published on the pre-press website arXiv.org, some black holes could be remnants of a previous universe that collapsed in a big crunch and was then reborn in the big bang - 13.7 billion years ago. Called primordial black holes, they would be formed in the hyper dense conditions existing in the moments after the big bang. That makes them even more exotic than other black holes formed from the collapse of massive stars or at the centre of galaxies.
Carr and Coley say if the universe expands and contracts in cycles of big bangs and big crunches, some primordial black holes may survive. They reached their conclusion after thinking about what might happen in the moments before a big crunch. Rather than everything merging back into a singularity, Coley and Carr speculate the densities reached as the universe transitions from big crunch to big bang, mean primordial black holes between a few hundred million kilograms and about the mass of our Sun, could survive as separate entities.
So far primordial black holes only exist in theory, and even if scientists do eventually detect one, Carr and Coley admit there would be no way of determining if it was born in our universe or came from a previous epoch.
This makes my head hurt
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
Wat
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
****ing physics man.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Carr and Coley say if the universe expands and contracts in cycles of big bangs and big crunches, some primordial black holes may survive.

Universe most likely doesn't do this.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

Isn't that the second time you've used that pic in like an hour ?
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
'Hypothesis says that some black holes may be older than time'

Just wtf?

Older - Having lived for a long time

Time - The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole
Quote by smokeysteve22

Just wtf?

Time - The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole

I was about to say this.

You can only, really, be the same age as time, since age cannot be calculated before the event of time.

Or so conventional logic not thought up by someone paid to live in a basement and science day in day out without a hope or a prayer of poon would dictate.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
They are not older than time since in a model with a bounce, time didn't start at the big bang.
Find it on other sites and I might actually read it, I don't trust abc.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by CG Man16

Good thing you have got that sorted out
So that means monkeys are infinite?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by 剣 斧 血
Find it on other sites and I might actually read it, I don't trust abc.

What's to trust? A news site says that some scientist says that this might have happened if this is how that works, and even if it is how that works and this did happen, we would never be able to tell for sure.

...I mean you can't really get more far-fetched than that....

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
...right.

Hay guis, i fink dat black hols arnt actually black!! Can i has nuus article nao!?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by CG Man16

shit, man. inform the scientists, bro. after all, everything that goes on in the universe falls in the 'likely to happen' category.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Acϵ♠
...right.

Hay guis, i fink dat black hols arnt actually black!! Can i has nuus article nao!?

We haven't actually seen one yet, so they probably are either black or pink.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
There is no such thing as 'before time'. Time is simply an unending measurement device implemented by people.

Quote by damian_91
We haven't actually seen one yet, so they probably are either black or pink.

You can't see a black hole, just the matter being drawn to it.
Quote by CG Man16

Prove it, Steven Hawkings.
Quote by Colohue
There is no such thing as 'before time'. Time is simply an unending measurement device implemented by people.

You can't see a black hole, just the matter being drawn to it.

Well I just saw one, what now?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Quote by Colohue

That's besides the point. That title was probably only used to make it sound cooler.
Quote by damian_91
Well I just saw one, what now?

no light can escape from a black hole, which means the light can't get to us, which means we can't see a black hole. what you're seeing is an absence of light.

EDIT: i sincerely hope you're referring to the picture in the article, otherwise i just retorted to a joke
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 6, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste
no light can escape from a black hole, which means the light can't get to us, which means we can't see a black hole. what you're seeing is an absence of light.

EDIT: i sincerely hope you're referring to the picture in the article, otherwise i just retorted to a joke

I just googled "black hole" and found a picture, I guess you guys don't know the physics of google.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
It's a ****in hypothesis, I hypothesize that you're all jelly.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Masamune
ding ding ding

this is what i get for fucking a stranger in the ass, dude
Quote by biga29

What's to trust? A news site says that some scientist says that this might have happened if this is how that works, and even if it is how that works and this did happen, we would never be able to tell for sure.

...I mean you can't really get more far-fetched than that....

Trust in the reporting skills. News sites and channels can't report science properly.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by damian_91
So that means monkeys are infinite?

Yes, and typewriters.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by 剣 斧 血
Trust in the reporting skills. News sites and channels can't report science properly.

This is in no way science though, this a scientist who is thinking to much.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
"We think this is possible, but theres no way to prove whether we're right or wrong. Therefore, we'll publish an article on it to make you go "hmmm."
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by smokeysteve22

Just wtf?

was just about to post this

Something cannot preceed the thing that preceeds everything. Time was always there, always will be. It's not just seconds and minutes people.

There is no way to prove or disprove this theory, might as well throw it in the bin with God and the beginning of the universe lol.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
What ever that guy is on. I want some.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I'm pretty sure that being almost certain our universe is flat, it will likely end in a Big Freeze. A Big Crunch doesn't happen in a flat universe.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Colohue

I'm no expert in the field, but as far as I know, time is a dimension. Big bang created the dimensions, and as such, there is a "before time".
Quote by bass-man9712
was just about to post this

Something cannot preceed the thing that preceeds everything. Time was always there, always will be. It's not just seconds and minutes people.

There is no way to prove or disprove this theory, might as well throw it in the bin with God and the beginning of the universe lol.

you think the entire hypothesis is based on the presented title?

it's a news article. people won't click on it unless it sounds interesting. the reasonably scientifically accurate things are in the article.
Page 1 of 3