I was just driving home, and i got stuck behind a pile of cars and a backhoe for ****ing 30 kms. What should have been a short drive took 3-4x the length. i was soo furious i was extremely close to calling the cops.

backhoes have no license plates, no mirrors, no road insurance, no proper steering and jittery as hell. And no i will not let him just do his job, part of a job is safety, and the proper way to transport a backhoe is by trailer. Driving down the road endangers everyone around him.

anybody else run into these ****ing morons while driving?

this isnt the first problem i have had with them, a few years back i went to pass one as he was going 40km/h, and he decided he wanted to turn down a street, obviously with no signal lights i didnt realize his intention, and i went to pass around and he turned (no mirrors, apparently didnt realize i was there) and cut me off, i slammed on the breaks and the bucket was over my hood and about 3-4 inches from the glass of my car, im lucky i wasnt in a rush and was passing him at a normal speed.

for those confused, these:
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at May 6, 2011,
black hoes...?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
What is a Backhoe? Is that some kind of Canadian slang?

I can only assume you are talking about some kind of horsebox...
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
JCB what? They make lots of things.

JCB backhoe.

I always associate JCB with this anything else is either a tractor or whatever it is.
I feel your frustration, man. I grew up in a small town, and whenever I go home to visit my parents on weekends I run into at least one idiot who insists on transporting them like this, instead of on a trailer. It's the worst in spring in fall.

Where were you driving? I assume near Ottawa.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
a backhoe is like a big tractor with a crane like arm on the front.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
He blocks you with his back hoe

You smack him with your back hand

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Happened to me back when I had to go to the rather rural town next to mine (my ex gf lived there). Luckily the exhaust on my M3 gets pretty damn loud when you drop a gear and kick the revs up to pass, they heard me coming.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
I feel your frustration, man. I grew up in a small town, and whenever I go home to visit my parents on weekends I run into at least one idiot who insists on transporting them like this, instead of on a trailer. It's the worst in spring in fall.

Where were you driving? I assume near Ottawa.

albion road then down mitch owens

(south area)

near the rideau carleton raceway and slots

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by toine
get a bicycle

yeah because i bicycle is useful driving 30km+ km from the outskirts into the city,

also i have a 1995 ducati 900ss that i ride, and thats my bike

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
You sound impatient TS. If it happens let it happen. Just enjoy the scenery. It's not your fault if you're late.

And if they don't have signal lights and aren't required, It is your duty to note were junctions are and if you are overtaking at a junction, give a light tap on the horn and pass.

You get a lot in the countryside.. just wait until there's a suitable time to overtake or a passing place.... But then again, here they're curtious and pull up if they start making a queue.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at May 6, 2011,
They drive on roads all the time near my house, but it's only for short trips. I'd be pissed if I got stuck for that long though.
I'll take getting stuck behind the occasional implement any day over the hordes of neon clad road bicycle douches and the Prius jockeys that are afraid to pass them I deal with on a regular basis.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by toine
get a bicycle

That's no damned better, because here in Wa, we get them driving down the middle lane of f_cking traffic. I hate that sh_t so bad.

Get on the sidewalk, bicycle. You're not a car, you don't even belong on the street, you're a bicycle.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Silent Murder
You sound impatient TS. If it happens let it happen. Cars have radios and AC. Just enjoy the scenery. It's not your fault if you're late.

And if they don't have signal lights and aren't required, It is your duty to note were junctions are and if you are overtaking at a junction, give a light tap on the horn and pass.

You get a lot in the countryside.. just wait until there's a suitable time to overtake or a passing place.... But then again, here they're curtious and pull up if they start making a queue.

I will no longer let it happen, they arent permitted to drive down the road, and they shouldnt. They are dangerous as hell.

signal lights are required, as is insurance and mirrors.

The only exceptions to tail lights are bikes, where you can be seen using hand signals.

This also isnt int he country, these were main roads that get backed up during rush hour.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at May 6, 2011,
Quote by strat0blaster
That's no damned better, because here in Wa, we get them driving down the middle lane of f_cking traffic. I hate that sh_t so bad.

Get on the sidewalk, bicycle. You're not a car, you don't even belong on the street, you're a bicycle.

Except they're considered a motor vehicle and are legally required to be on the street , and it's safer to be in the middle of the lane to force drivers to be more careful when passing instead of running you off the road. I definitely agree that cyclists can be pompous asshats sometimes though.
Last edited by samick007 at May 6, 2011,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
I will no longer let it happen, they arent permitted to drive down the road, and they shouldnt. They are dangerous as hell.

signal lights are required, as is insurance and mirrors.

The only exceptions to tail lights are bikes, where you can be seen using hand signals.

I can't speak for Canuckistan, but here in the states, they are permitted to drive down the road. the laws vary from state to state but generally the law requires them to yield, and to only be on the road during the daylight as a means of getting between fields/job sites.
Quote by CodChick

nevermind backhoes, try being near Sarnia in the fall, get stuck behind a combine !!!
Quote by samick007
Except they're considered a motor vehicle and are legally required to be on the street , and it's safer to be in the middle of the lane to force drivers to be more careful when passing instead of running you off the road. I definitely agree that cyclists can be pompous asshats sometimes though.

I always go to places with my bycicle, i am a pompous asshat when drivers think they can do what they want.
If I see you driving behind me while talking on your cellphone, I'll ride in front of you, slowly or will flip you off. The same goes for people that drive too fast or don't use their fücking turning signal.
Recently their was an idiot who wanted to get in the traffic and was waiting on the road for bicycles, when i passed, i kicked her car
I hate cars
shit, bro

EDIT: sorry, thought i was making a thread
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Oh look, a bulldozer.

We get tractors in town frequently, doesn't bother me much. But it's not very far I have to go until I get to pass them though.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Quote by strat0blaster

True, however, "Cyclists are required to ride as close as practicable to the right curb of the roadway", where I live, and I imagine it's the same for you. It's not heavily enforced (if at all), but you aren't supposed to bike on the sidewalk. Or the middle of the road.
Quote by toine
I always go to places with my bycicle, i am a pompous asshat when drivers think they can do what they want.
If I see you driving behind me while talking on your cellphone, I'll ride in front of you, slowly or will flip you off. The same goes for people that drive too fast or don't use their fücking turning signal.
Recently their was an idiot who wanted to get in the traffic and was waiting on the road for bicycles, when i passed, i kicked her car
I hate cars

Attachments:
mexico_crash.jpg
Quote by CodChick

Quote by toine
I hate cars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6zj5nhASk0
Quote by ecvMatt
I can't speak for Canuckistan, but here in the states, they are permitted to drive down the road. the laws vary from state to state but generally the law requires them to yield, and to only be on the road during the daylight as a means of getting between fields/job sites.

Here in "Canuckistan", it's not legal for a someone to drive a backhoe without plates and signal lights down the road. Otherwise, they're supposed to be transported on a trailer that has plates and signal lights. Too many people get too lazy to do it properly, though. It's even worse when farmers refuse to unhook the head off of a front-load combine and drive down the road, taking up the whole road. Then you've got massive metal spikes coming at your head and nowhere to go.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Every now and then when I have to drive into town on the back roads I get stuck behind this old farmer who drives 25 mph in a 50 mph zone. Back in high school, I was late many times because of that man. I've never forgiven him.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I've seen them with turn signals, headlights, mirrors, and license plates.

Obviously not all are street legal, but there are certainly some that are.
@TS

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by mattocaster99
Shh, we can hear your vagina flapping in the wind.

how this has anything to do with toughness factor beats me,

try logic next time

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO