Page 1 of 2
Jacob's RG5EX1's Super Awesome Gaming Challenge!

Since JacobTheMe has been unavailable for the past week, I've decided to take temporary control over this challenge. Hopefully he'll be back soon enough.

And on to the good stuff:
This challenge is open to all willing to compete, both gamers and non-gamers. Get ready to learn a bit about classic gaming, while honing your skills, and earning flippin' sweet bragging rights! Its simple, every Sunday I will post a new challenge up in the thread. You will then record yourself completing that challenge. (Emulators, camcorders, and console/tv records accepted).

When you post your proof on this thread, everyone will watch it and be really jealous. And then I will take the points you earned and add them along with your name to a scoreboard. Where you will collect points based on all your challenges to rank you amongst the rest of UG's gamers. But who will be the "Ultimate-Gamer"? (Yes, I used it as a plug in for UG. Deal with it.) Its time to find out!

The Rules
- This is an honesty based challenge. Its true that you can lie and fake it using somebody else as the player or stealing somebody else's video. Just keep in mind that gets rid of all the fun.
- If a faker is caught, we will blacklist the faker from competing for a month. (And they will have to complete a special request challenge).
- We don't encourage emulation, but if you must, then go ahead. But please buy the real game later on if you enjoy it.
-You may enter one video a week. Youtube is our only accepted hosting site. Please tag all videos with "UG", "JacobTheMe", "Jacobs", "Gaming", "Challenge", and your username.
-To enter a video, you must post it in this thread. I don't check my pm's. And you will not be entered or written down in the thread until you post a video.

SCOREBOARD OF SWEET SKILLS
Horlicks - 150pts
RG5EX1 - 150pts
imdeth - 150pts

CHALLENGE #2

Super Smash TV!!! This challenge is quite simple and easy for anyone to participate in. All you have to do is play the SNES version of Super Smash TV and basically do your best. High scores can be submitted with either a video or a screenshot (if the high score is super ridiculously high, I think people would prefer to see a video as proof) and the person with the best score will win points! Each person below that will earn points as well in a ladder system (as shown below)

NORMAL DIFFICULTY - CONTINUES ALLOWED

Goals:
1st - 200pts
2nd - 150pts
3rd - 100pts
4th and beyond - 75pts
*note: point values may change upon Jacob's return

That's right, by simply submitting your score you get a cool 75pts!

RESOURCES: Broke? System busted? Thats okay, you can still compete. I will not teach anyone about ROM's and emulation. (But google will). But there is also a decent flash version of the game. Its controls are awkward however, so its a last resort.

The challenge starts now!
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Last edited by RG5EX1 at May 7, 2011,
Cool. Will give it a shot soon-ish.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by muffinduck01
Cool. Will give it a shot soon-ish.

Great. We need more people to participate this time.
Quote by imdeth

I'd love to give it a go, but I'm entering heavy-revision time now. Hope you all have fun though, good luck to those that give it a try

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Deadline depends on Jacob's return.

Count on it being due by this Sunday at Midnight PST though.
Quote by imdeth

So I have Midway Arcade Collection on the Game Cube, and it has a game called Smash TV on it. I'm assuming they are the same?
Quote by UntilISleep
So I have Midway Arcade Collection on the Game Cube, and it has a game called Smash TV on it. I'm assuming they are the same?

Not sure. I believe so.

Go ahead and use that if you want, or use an emulator to use the SNES version. It's up to you.
Quote by imdeth

I used to play this on Sega all the time. Win win win win.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
I used to play this on Sega all the time. Win win win win.

Great! Hopefully you can submit a score then.
Quote by imdeth

Going to have to figure out how to record with ZSNES, but sounds cool.

edit: Just read the proveable with screen shot part. Thank god. I'm not going to do too well since I've never even heard of this game, so you're not going to have to worry about me getting such stupidly high scores that video is necessary.

edit 2: What difficulty should we play on? And I take it continues are a no-no.
Last edited by cornmancer at May 7, 2011,
Quote by cornmancer
Going to have to figure out how to record with ZSNES, but sounds cool.

edit: Just read the proveable with screen shot part. Thank god. I'm not going to do too well since I've never even heard of this game, so you're not going to have to worry about me getting such stupidly high scores that video is necessary.

edit 2: What difficulty should we play on? And I take it continues are a no-no.

Please play on normal difficulty and you are free to use continues as you see fit.

I should probably update the OP with that info.
Quote by imdeth

I don't think I'll be entering this one, but I think the next one should be Mirror's Edge >> <<
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
So after playing both the SNES version and the Midway Arcade Treasures version on the PS2, the SNES version is much easier. I'd suggest using a ROM to anybody that only has the Treasures collection. Since it's an exact copy of the arcade, it's basically designed to kill you as fast as possible as opposed to the SNES which is designed to be more playable.
Surprised that you used my suggestion.

I'll attempt this one. The speedrun was way too time consuming and I've yet to accomplish it.

I wont be able to post a video though because I have dial up.

EDIT: I think you should put links to the videos for the SMB entrants for everyone to see.
BLANKBLANK
Last edited by Arfey McFeeshy at May 7, 2011,
This is to make sure I get my pity points.

I'll try and see if I can get a better score later.

EDIT: Derp, just saw we can use continues. Aw well.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by Siv During Livh

Quote by imdeth
First try. This game is hard.

http://i51.tinypic.com/34xfl08.png

This is actually a pretty good score compared to what I'm averaging.
Quote by imdeth

I used 1 continue. Score is of course in the top left of the emu.

Are the people doing way better than I using all 4? If so, i'll do that next time. Busy right now.
Last edited by cornmancer at May 8, 2011,
Definetly use all continues. It's nearly impossible to get through the first boss battle without using them.
BLANKBLANK
Just did a great run. I'll upload the video later, but as of right now I have the highest score.
Quote by imdeth

Quote by UntilISleep
I got an 8 digit score

I'll post screeny in a second.

My high is around 8,000,000.

I'll upload the video soon enough.
Quote by imdeth

Last edited by RG5EX1 at May 8, 2011,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8KquEYWl3Q

Here's my best run; sped up 4x so it fits in under 10 minutes

8,600,630pts

(Also let's start planning a new game for next week since Jacob still hasn't returned. I think doing another high score run is best considering the turnout for this one. Any suggestions are welcome. The most popular will be next week's starting Monday afternoon)
Quote by imdeth

Last edited by RG5EX1 at May 8, 2011,
Quote by RG5EX1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8KquEYWl3Q

Here's my best run; sped up 4x so it fits in under 10 minutes

8,600,630pts

(Also let's start planning a new game for next week since Jacob still hasn't returned. I think doing another high score run is best considering the turnout for this one. Any suggestions are welcome. The most popular will be next week's starting Monday afternoon)

Mirror's Edge Mirror's Edge Mirror's Edge Mirror's Edge Mirror's Edge Mirror's Edge.

Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
Mirror's Edge Mirror's Edge Mirror's Edge Mirror's Edge Mirror's Edge Mirror's Edge.

As much as I love that game (I've beaten it upwards of 10 times) it wouldn't work. Not everyone has the game and we can't expect people to go out and buy it for this competition.
Quote by imdeth

Another suggestion:

(I SUCK AT THIS GAME)

We could also do a flash game of some sort, like Cube Runner, or are we sticking to console games?
BLANKBLANK
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
Another suggestion:

(I SUCK AT THIS GAME)

We could also do a flash game of some sort, like Cube Runner, or are we sticking to console games?

I think people prefer the nostalgia of old console games, personally.

However, it is majority votes so if people want a flash game then it will be a flash game.
Quote by imdeth

THIS!!!!
(For the newfags, it's Asteroids for the Atari 2600 >_>
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by Siv During Livh

Page 1 of 2