Hello, I just posted this on bandmix.com (the link is: http://www.bandmix.com/leon-grey/)

Thanks for looking:

Hello, I am a college drop out who just moved to NYC on my own to pursue a dream.

I am a singer but I play guitar and piano to help write my songs.

I believe I am an amazing front man because everything I do on stage just feels right, whether it be dancing to the music or expressions through the body. Music should always be real and my energetic performances on stage just feel right.

The songs I write really are my blood sweat and tears. I'm positive that once I get the right band to play these songs, we will go big. I've given up everything in my life for this; dropped out of college, moved from a small town in CT to live on my own in NYC because I truly believe these songs are fantastic.

I am looking for a lead guitarist, rhythm guitarist, bass guitarist and drummer.
If you are interested please contact me so I can show you these songs.

I've got the attitude, style and most importantly musical taste.
Take a chance, I swear on my life that the band I front will be huge one day.

Influences
Beatles, The Who, Oasis, Nirvana, Guns n' Roses, Led Zeppelin, Bruce Springsteen, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Queen, Pink Floyd, Gorillaz, Lady Gaga and much more.
Last edited by seasideren at May 6, 2011,
You sort of need audio clips so people actually know you're good before they commit. Promising it isn't worth anything.
I'm about 10-15 minutes outside nyc, I could play either rhythm or lead guitar, I'm pretty familiar musically with most of the influences you listed, I'd list the Stones and the Black Crowes to be two of mine but if you still need a guitar I'm interested.
Hey im influenced mainly by Gorillaz and The Bealtes {All time fav bands} But i do like all sorts of other music :3 too bad im only a beginner im getting a summer job enough to pay for guitars and equipment. I just have to learn lol (from nyc too)
Last edited by Rawwrrx3 at May 15, 2011,
Hey Seasideren,

I'd be interested in working with you in some manner. I play guitar and my primary influences are alternative/indie (Nirvana, Jane's Addiction, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, REM, Sonic Youth) with tentacles in other genres. I'm also a recording engineer and I'm always looking for bands/artists to work with. I'm in Brooklyn and work at a studio in Manhattan. Let me know if your interested in either.
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1
  • PlusEBow
Looks like I'm having the same issue as Grunge289. Mind resending?
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1
  • PlusEBow
I'd love to hear some of your stuff when you get a chance to put it up.
I'm on Long Island about a hour and half from NYC, I'm interested in finding a singer as I have 3 other members with me ( drummer, bassist, rhythm) , been playin guitar for almost 10 years now and have been writing songs for 2. Lemme know how to hear some of your work as the bandmix link doesnt work