Page 3 of 5
Log on to UG for the first time in years. Find threads on Snowing and Old Gray.
Where was this when I was trying to rip off Jack White like three years ago?
But seriously. Love the band to death, one of the inspirations for an upcoming project I'm working on with some friends. Come to Michigan.
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
Old Gray: Not just a tumblr band anymore.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Family Patches is better.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I mean, do a do over if you want. I wouldn't hold it against you. Shit, I'll make the thread if it behooves you haha.

Either way, you got a sick band going on.
What would you redo about it? You
A) Got away with self promotion
B) Had everyone immediately praise it
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
D) Get posted about on Absolutepunk.net
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Such clearly terrible beginnings...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
It's hard to be in a band everybody loves. Just ask Billie Joe Armstrong.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Just listened to the demo again haha. Even if it's twinkle butt worship, it's really good twinkle butt worship. It's a great start, and just a solid little set of tunes. stop complaining!
Quote by r-bizzle182
oh i didn't mean this thread, i meant the band itself. i would rip off Knapsack instead of twinkle butt rock

I'd be okay with this.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I would listen to Old Gray way more if it was a Knapsack worship band. Hell, I'd probably listen more if you were just a Knapsack cover band.

God, that makes me sound like a dick, but the twinkles as a style never really did it for me (outside of Algernon).
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
oh no, i take no offense to that at all. i was really into twinkle for a hot minute and now i'm really not into it at all. hopefully our sound will continue to change and, while i highly doubt we'd ever go into the direction of knapsack, i do hope we write more post-hardcore/screamo music instead
Quote by due 07
are there any knapsack ripoff bands

I've stolen a lot of their chord progressions at one point or another, guess that doesn't count though.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
i support ripping knapsack off.

actually i met someone irl who digs knapsack at one of my band's recent shows (meeting people who like cool music is rare where i'm from) so maybe someday i'll rip off knapsack w/ him.
Quote by r-bizzle182
oh no, i take no offense to that at all. i was really into twinkle for a hot minute and now i'm really not into it at all. hopefully our sound will continue to change and, while i highly doubt we'd ever go into the direction of knapsack, i do hope we write more post-hardcore/screamo music instead

Less twinkle, more yelling/shouting, less screaming. Do it. More gang vocals.
I'm an asshole.
Yo so Madeliene is ridiculously good, I know it's not technically Old Gray since it's just Cam and Michi but I don't feel like starting a new thread for such a small band.