Okay, so I want a few opinions on distortion pedals before I actually go out and spend the money... but my playing style basically is classic metal like Iron Maiden and Ozzy Osbourne and stuff like that, but I also play some stuff like As I Lay Dying, and Neoclassical stuff. I'm leaning more towards an Ibanez Tube Screamer, but I'm not totally sure, so I want some opinions from people with pedal experience please! Price won't be a problem, but try to keep it under $180! lol.

EDIT: also if a pedal has different versions, please list it!
Last edited by BlueFuzion101 at May 6, 2011,
your VK should do a reasonable job of the classic metal stuff without much if any help. i use a Digitech CM-2 tube overdrive with mine for heavier stuff. the pedal has a switch that adds gain as well as doing the standard tubescreamer style thing. it also has a better EQ than a TS.
Quote by jaybals
Whats your current gear? Were you looking to boost an overdriven amp? Or full out distortion on the clean?

I have a Jackson DX10D Dinky in Drop C with a DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion in the Bridge and a DiMarzio DP103 in the Neck. I use a Peavey Valveking half stack, but I use a line 6 spider 3 for when my family is at home, so I can use the headphones. and I have a Gibson Les Paul in Standard/Drop D with a DiMarzio Evolution DP159 F-spaced in the Bridge, and a DP103 in the neck.

EDIT: I want to boost an overdriven amp.
Last edited by BlueFuzion101 at May 6, 2011,
I have a Blackstar Dist-X. It works pretty well for Sabbath, Ozzy and would work with Maiden I guess.

edit: Ohh, you want to boost the amp. Everyone seems to be using Tube-screamers or some sort of mod/copy of them ,lol.
Last edited by baumaxx1 at May 6, 2011,