Poll: Do you play in a band?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you play in a band?
Yes
15 54%
Nope
8 29%
Sort of or Other
5 18%
Voters: 28.
Just interested to see who plays in a band/church/group of some sort
If you've got a Soundcloud or Myspace or something with stuff to listen to then share it with the rest of us!
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Me and a friend make some stuff...we are planning on making an EP this summer so look forward to it :P
I'm playing in an originals band right now but we haven't been playing long so no recordings/gigs yet. I'm also playing in a Michael Jackson tribute band for college.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Well I've resurrected an old band, was just me and the guitarist, now we found a bassist. Stuck a mic in the room and just blasted out 4 tracks (Hibernation-The Bear (Something to do with Pedo Bear). It's my main band currently.

Desert Kings
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

I used to play the drums in a "Band" (ok it was just me and 2 friends, we never actually played out at a gig or anything) but that finished at the beginning of last year and since then pretty much nothing.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
As a drummer, never. I've never felt creatively attached to other musicians when I'm not the one playing guitar.

Guitar seems to be the only instrument I've played that I feel confident with in my creative abilities, and feel confident sharing that with other musicians.
No I don't because nobody around here sees eye to eye with me musically. I might be joining up a bar cover band just to make money, i'm gonna hate playing every song they ask me to play. When I jam with people around here I always hold back on my abilities that way the guitar player can keep up with me. I pretend like i'm not that good and pull a Lars Ulrich just to give them a show, make them feel important. I see so many good guitar players on ultimate guitar and it's a shame I can't find people who play like that in my area.
Quote by TheReverend724
I play in multiple bands

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/kpoint/

My newest EP recorded with my roommate for our "avant garde pop punk" duo

Dude, you're an awesome drummer! I'm gonna have to show this to some friends of mine
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

Dylan, you're so modest, I love it

Also, I'm playing in a metal band right now, it's not very serious at the moment (the other 2 members are in 8th grade) but there will hopefully be lots of progress as the other broz get older and better at their instruments and stuff, although the latter applies to me as well
Are you playing grind with 8th graders? That would be so rad

"Hi, thanks for letting us play the 8th grade talent show. We're called Mutant Christ and this song is called 'GNAWING THE FLESH OF THE SODOMITES!'"

Anyway, link for my EP

http://www.mediafire.com/?qaooion8n10c5x8
Quote by drummer420
No I don't because nobody around here sees eye to eye with me musically. I might be joining up a bar cover band just to make money, i'm gonna hate playing every song they ask me to play. When I jam with people around here I always hold back on my abilities that way the guitar player can keep up with me. I pretend like i'm not that good and pull a Lars Ulrich just to give them a show, make them feel important. I see so many good guitar players on ultimate guitar and it's a shame I can't find people who play like that in my area.
Modesty is actually a very useful way to impress people and to make them feel like they're an intelligent (musical, in this case) person. Did you know that?
I will keep that in mind, it's not about skill. Kid Rock made a lot of albums some of them were big hits I'm not a fan of Kid Rock myself but we all have opinions, who am I to judge? I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything like that, just frustrating that people don't know what is good anymore.
It's a bit subjective, the term "good". What may be good to you, someone else might not like, and for not very good reasons most of the time. And it's the same the other way round.

But I know what you're getting at, I think, I used to be in the same boat and never really found many musicians that were into what I was into.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

It doesn't really matter what you play in the end, its only gonna be as fun as you make it
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by drummer420
I will keep that in mind, it's not about skill. Kid Rock made a lot of albums some of them were big hits I'm not a fan of Kid Rock myself but we all have opinions, who am I to judge? I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything like that, just frustrating that people don't know what is good anymore.
Wait, what has Kid Rock got to do with this, apart from the fact that he's a cocky pansy and his music is dull, insipid and pretentious?

I find it frustrating that people think music has devolved in some way. There was shit back in the 60's and 70's just like there is now. It's simply that, now, starting a band and releasing your music to the world is so easy that it seems there is more shit, because we're all hearing it.

Good music is a subjective thing. When I listen to the majority of a Rolling Stones record, I don't hear very much ingenuity or emotional prowess, same goes for KISS and Mötley Crüe, but people still love that shit for some reason. When I listen to Fleet Foxes, though, or Godspeed You! Black Emperor I see a lot more emotion and creativity.