Been lusting after a Ray for ages since I played one in a shop. Got this one today at last... it's second hand, but I got it for a steal at £800 (less than half the price the one in the music shop was). It was a bit dusty, but it had obviously barely been touched (the frets are as new, not a single scratch/ding on the entire guitar). A quick dust down, polish of the chromework, polish of the finish, oil of the fretboard, new strings and battery, and it's as new.

The photo's terrible, it really doesn't do it justice it all, but this is a 'group' shot with my Fender American Standard Jazz. It looks like a bad vintage burst here, but it's actually something called Black Cherry Burst... it's a bright red into black with a bit of a sparkle too it, looks a hell of a lot nicer in the flesh. Might have to steal my girlfriend's SLR and try get a better shot at some point.

Couldn't be happier with it though. Adjusted the neck relief slightly (it was far too straight, caused a bit of buzzing) and now it plays like a dream. Has that incredible fat Stingray tone... the first time active electronics have appealed to me... it's the 3EQ version too.

It does everything I want from a bass that my Jazz sometimes can't get - the two seem to complement eachother quite well. I can see it getting a lot of use, the Jazz just used to steal all my attention from my P-bass.

Can't wait to try it out over the weekend, have a couple of gigs, so should be fun. I might try get some sound clips at some point too.
You-1 Jon-0

HNBD
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Ahhhh, so you did pull the trigger on one after all. HNBD!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
HNBD!

Nice MM you've got there!
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by Spaz91
**** you.

Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think