what up guys. i just bought some dr cool blue strings and i do admit they look sick on my ibanez(cuz they're blue). however i did face a couple problems with them. 1st, the color wore off on the frets and where i mostly pick within a few days. and 2nd, after about a week, my high e broke. and i wasnt even shredding, and i didnt have any spares of that one string but like 3 of every other. so i just wanted to let u guys kno about this so u dont make the same mistake i did.
Why the hell would anybody buy coloured strings?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I've had bad experience w/ their strings and not the colored ones. I prefer GHS.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Just because you broke a string it doesn't mean the strings suck. There are many factors associated with breaking strings. Sharp points on the bridge/nut, a bend making part of the string hit a random sharp point on a fret, sometimes they even break for no real reason. I used DR strings for about 2 years straight once and never broke a single string. And the color coat isn't very thick, and it is widely known that it wears off fairly quickly.

Also, you say you had spares of every string except the one you broke. Is that because you have broken it before? If so, it didn't all of a sudden become the string's fault this time.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I too have had an issue with DR strings. I didn't have colored strings but did have issues with the high E breaking in less than a week. My strings weren't even stretched enough to lock down the tremolo before it broke.
Quote by IbanezART300
what up guys. i just bought some dr cool blue strings and i do admit they look sick on my ibanez(cuz they're blue). however i did face a couple problems with them. 1st, the color wore off on the frets and where i mostly pick within a few days. and 2nd, after about a week, my high e broke. and i wasnt even shredding, and i didnt have any spares of that one string but like 3 of every other. so i just wanted to let u guys kno about this so u dont make the same mistake i did.

You do realize it's a coating and that coatings wear with friction, right? And that just because an E string breaks in a week that doesn't mean they're crap?

I've been using DRs for around a year and haven't had any problems other than the high E's intonation getting ****ed up if it's been on for over 2 months.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I've had great results with DR strings, the only downside I find with them is that they are a bit expensive.
dude guys

i bought this aids cure at spencers and i totally still have aids

dont ever buy it,

nevermind that one time i bought these plastic red cups from walmart they were such a good deal an they warped in my dishwasher, what shit

never buy any of these things
I've never broken strings from DR'.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at May 7, 2011,
Quote by effyeahjade
dude guys

i bought this aids cure at spencers and i totally still have aids

dont ever buy it,

nevermind that one time i bought these plastic red cups from walmart they were such a good deal an they warped in my dishwasher, what shit

never buy any of these things

Good.
Never used them but one dud pack of their worst strings is no reason to hate them.

With that being said I'm an EB/D'addario guy myself. 12-56 ftw!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I was a D'Addario guy for a while and tried out a set of plain-jane DRs on a whim. I don't use anything else on my electrics now. I think they're fantastic and I haven't had NEARLY as many breaking problems as I did with the D'Addarios.

Maybe they're just better for rhythm dudes who slash the crap out of their strings.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I've used DR exclusively since 1999, never really had an issue with them. If it wasn't a mistake you made, you got a faulty string... Not a big deal, contact the vendor let them know it was faulty and get a replacement OR contact DR let them know you arnt happy and get a replacement.
I think that I've had high E strings break during the first tune-up at least once with every single brand of string I've ever tried. But I wouldn't write off the entire brand based on it.

Strings break sometimes, regardless of what brand you are using. Regarding the color, like Matt said it's a coating. It's going to come off. The only colored string that I've seen where that doesn't happen is the Rotosound Nexus strings--but they have a polymer coating.
Perhaps you got a bad batch? Every manufacturer lets a few lemons get through the QC screening now and then. DR strings are known for high quality. They certainly make fantastic bass strings. That colored coating is a gimmick, too. It isn't meant to last very long.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Yeah um.....DR strings are probably the best ive felt, just cause the coating wore off and your high e broke (which has the same probability to happen with any strings) dont mean u need to board a hate train to hatervill...
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
But, blue make everything sound better! how could you say that about BLUE strings?! I MEAN THEY ARE ****ING BLUE FOR GOD'S SAKE!

We should never buy anything blue, EVER AGAIN.
my esp ec-1000 is blue, gonna burn that shit right now

my friends hair is blue, sorry marilyn but for the benifit of mankind you must die

and the sky and oceans.. we must act quickly
Quote by Ironic Maiden
But, blue make everything sound better! how could you say that about BLUE strings?! I MEAN THEY ARE ****ING BLUE FOR GOD'S SAKE!

We should never buy anything blue, EVER AGAIN.

One of my guitars was blue, but then I painted it white. Should I destory it?!??!
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by Robbin'TheHood
One of my guitars was blue, but then I painted it white. Should I destory it?!??!

Yes. This guy has found out that blue makes everything bad, destroy it, before it kills your firstborn.
I love DR strings.... It's all I use now. :O
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Yes. This guy has found out that blue makes everything bad, destroy it, before it kills your firstborn.

Ok! Let me just get a lighter and some gasoline!

My couch is blue
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Last edited by Robbin'TheHood at May 7, 2011,
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
I love DR strings.... It's all I use now. :O
But no! They blow up and stuff! And they have BLUE STRINGS. Stop using them plz
Quote by Ironic Maiden
But no! They blow up and stuff! And they have BLUE STRINGS. Stop using them plz

You're right, I've been incredibly stupid.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Dr's are tough f...ing srings I hut the stings like fedor punches peoples faces and dr strings last a good 3 months of abuse. I prefer dean market blue steels because I dont need break them in when they are new though
Since TS broke a string and can't play, could that have possibly caused blue balls? We should cut his balls off just in case.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣