My guitar had the truss rods adjusted to be in the tuning A#-F-A#-D#-G-C. Would it damage the neck or have any bad effects on the guitar if I tune it to A#-D#-G#-D#-G-C and leave it that way?
Probably there will be damage, the guitar neck will unadjust with time, the best thing you can do is calibrating the truss rod either by you or a profesional, but by all means chances are the guitar will suffer some kind of damage
Fender Stratocaster Highway One
Digitech GNX 4
Laney Lx65R
There will be no damage, your guitar will be fine, I don't know what Zoso is talking about, there will be no "damage", your guitar just will take some time to adjust, and you might just need to do some MINOR MINOR MINOR tweeking, no big deal.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
No down tuning will ever hurt your guitar. These things are a lot stronger then people really tink As long as you take care of it, and don't do anything stupid it will be fine.

Zoso sounds like he/she as no idea what they are saying.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
As far as I know, you'd have to down tune a stupid amount to cause any damage. Like, putting bass strings on or something might do it over time.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
As far as I know, you'd have to down tune a stupid amount to cause any damage. Like, putting bass strings on or something might do it over time.

Even then, you'd have to put a HUGE amount of tension, and nobody would really do that. But yeah, people seem to think guitars are made out of paper mache, they forget how strong wood and guitars really are. I'm not saying people should be stupid with them I take damn good care of mine, I'm just saying people should acting like they're going to shatter if they put it in an odd tuning, or put on thicker strings or something.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Zoso Juan
Probably there will be damage, the guitar neck will unadjust with time, the best thing you can do is calibrating the truss rod either by you or a profesional, but by all means chances are the guitar will suffer some kind of damage

For reference, I have a guitar that is tuned to Drop B with Not Even Slinky strings on it. I left it at Drop D for a few weeks to play with my buddy that doesn't down tune. No ill effect, and very minor tweaks needed to get it back to "normal."
My friend left a neck off of a guitar that was set for E standard for about 3 years, slapped it back on, and not a single problem. Your problems occur when there is too much tension on the neck and not enough pressure from the truss rod, or the truss rod is adjusted too tight and is causing too much pressure the other way.

In the tuning your in, you can just drop it and you wont have any problems for a while, the only problems I could think of is if the neck is thin, you might end up with too much neck relief causing some intonation problems.
That's just Drop A#.. not really a weird tuning.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
i thought that the truss rod only needed adjusting when the neck was bend.
for tuning it's just set up right? and if it was set up for that tuning then i dont see how it could do damage.