I've been pouring over ideas in addition to going out and testing just about every single guitar that I can get my hands on to test. While my wife agrees that I should get a new guitar, I'm trying to low ball the price a bit and just buy a cheaper guitar that feels good and replacing the pick ups with ones I like. Would this be a better option rather then forking over 800 spending 550 or so including a swap?
I say get a used guitar or a cheap guitar then upgrade. I did that with my used fender strat. I made it an "eric clapton" strat for a fraction of the price.
I play guitar.
get the Suhr GG signature and be done with it. :P only £3000 haha.
I say, get a nice mid range Jackson such as the DKMG or an Ibanez, or a Godin Solidac (lovely tone)
Look for used, sometimes you can find people that don't know WHAT they bought. Neck-thru? Yeah, it looked cool, $500 bucks (seen it.)
Quote by rhys digby
get the Suhr GG signature and be done with it. :P only £3000 haha.
I say, get a nice mid range Jackson such as the DKMG or an Ibanez, or a Godin Solidac (lovely tone)

Wow how much would that be US 4500ish? I was asking more mid range guitar with the swap or something below mid depending on how you feel about price ranges. I was also debating used and on what I get doing the swap. Its more should I spend less get a decent guitar and fix the pick up issue, or spend more (which would be more then the swap) and just get everything good overall?