my guitar teacher has recently tasked me with economy picking. i understand it and i kno how to do it. i just have difficulty building up the speed. it seems like the pick is going faster than my fingers wen i trasition strings. any tips for me? i feel like the timing is still off even when i slow it down. he's got me using economy picking going down 3 strings and legato on the way back up. anything that helped u learn that may be useful to me? or maybe some excercises u kno of?
Quote by andrerist
my guitar teacher has recently tasked me with economy picking. i understand it and i kno how to do it. i just have difficulty building up the speed. it seems like the pick is going faster than my fingers wen i trasition strings. any tips for me? i feel like the timing is still off even when i slow it down. he's got me using economy picking going down 3 strings and legato on the way back up. anything that helped u learn that may be useful to me? or maybe some excercises u kno of?

Whatever you're doing now but at a speed where you can really control what you're doing. You're trying to speed up before you're really comfortable with the technique and that's what's screwing you over. Stay slowed down until you can do it without thinking and always speed up gradually.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.